RS Warrior Forum banner

"Right Side Clean-up" (side covers)

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  i-man 
#1 ·
I recently installed Churchkey's VBAK on my 06' Warrior so I no longer need the Air Box/Coffin and I'm looking for something to go over the exposed wires etc... that are now out in the open. I've seen pics with flames, skulls etc... covering other bikes but I'm not finding anything in any of the online stores and haven't seen a reference to it here on the Forum. What have you guys done with yours? Is there a thread already covering this and is there something specific I should be searching for to buy? Thanks for any info!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I made my own, relatively easily. I bought a burley brand air cleaner cover for like 15-20 bucks and some 1" steel flat bar painted black with VHT engine block paint. Mocked up with cardboard for length because i wanted it to angle up to cover as much of the mess as possible. If you took the bar straight across it would be even easier. I will try to find the link to the cover

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Thank you Churchkey but i'm looking for something a little smaller, hopefully, and a bit simpler. Do you know if there is a specific part out there that I can search for? I'm not exactly sure of what I want but hoping to see some options then take it from there.

#9 ·
I picked it up at autozone, but i dont know about other availability. Also, the VHT black pearl engine enamel is an almost direct match to the frame and other parts on our bike. I believe that is what i used on those, but honestly i picked up like 4 different black paints with different finishes lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
most of the covers are custom made. Justice used to do some but i think he has stopped. There is also a guy named bucky I beleive that does the velocity sytack covers and maybe churchkey for velocity stack cover as well. here are a few I have made to maybe inspire you

Attachments

#15 ·
I found something on Baron Custom, it's a smooth Mini Teardrop Cover! I tried to include the link but my post count is too low and won't allow me to post the link. I went to Baron Custom, selected Yamaha Warrior and went to the Chrome Shop tab on the left and the Mini Teardrop Cover was on page 2.

I think this is more of what I'm looking for. Anyone have one of these installed on their bike and have any pics to share? Anyone know if it's possible to have someone etch something into the cover?

#16 ·
I had a couple of criteria for my right side... 1) cheap, 2) simple, 3) mine (unique), 4) industrial looking. I just bought a piece of perforated aluminum off of amazon, cut it to a size/shape, and painted it black. I bought a cheap metal emblem off of ebay (there are THOUSANDS) that was brushed aluminum/black with an eagle on it, but ultimately let it be... kinda a 'raw' look.

If I don't sell her then I still might mount something on it, just not sure what yet. But there's plenty of surface area for double sided tape and plenty of holes if I want to bolt something to it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.