Warrior starter - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2019, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Here's what I was told by two who had tried RS starters over the years (both failed within a couple years). There are a couple more turns of copper in the RSW starter. The magnets appear to be slightly stronger. The gearing appears the same. Those small things create a brute.

The RS1600 and RS1700 starters both appear to be the same. Yamaha noted the RSW starter was an improved version, hinting at motor design differences even into th RS1700 years. Dunno.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 12:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

There’s nothing the same between the starters except the gear on the end. Externally the look similar but internally completely different. Ours has 5 thin curved magnets thus allowing for a bigger rotor. Theirs has 4 big square magnets, like a traditional starter.

I agree ours is stronger not even close. But it appears ours are susceptible to heat as in heat destroys the glue holding the magnets in. I’ve opened 5 starters now and am battling 100% on at least one magnet being loose. No not all the starters were from my bike.

milkman672042000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That a makes perfect sense to me. I've read your similar prior posts for awhile now. Excellent contributions.

Did you happen to photograph the exterior of the RS and RSW starter in order to tell them apart? That might be handy to know in the future.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 10-09-2019 at 02:20 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

I used to somewhere.... But cant find them now...

I was just searching the internet. and came across the starter for raiders part number 1D7818900100 I am willing to bet money this is the same starter as ours except a different end on the mounting end. I am tempted to order one and see if I can swap the ends and it works!

Old 10-09-2019, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman672042000 View Post
I used to somewhere.... But cant find them now...

I was just searching the internet. and came across the starter for raiders part number 1D7818900100 I am willing to bet money this is the same starter as ours except a different end on the mounting end. I am tempted to order one and see if I can swap the ends and it works!
Update! Just found a raider starter part# 1D7818900100 for a reasonable price with easy returns if it dont work. I ordered it lol! We will see if this works or not!

Old 10-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Whoa. That would be awesome if it can work...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Update! Just found a raider starter part# 1D7818900100 for a reasonable price with easy returns if it dont work. I ordered it lol! We will see if this works or not!
You're the MAN !

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
got my fingers crosses. I cant see Yamaha doing a lot of re-engineering for nothing so hopefully they made a warrior starter fit the raider

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Got the raider starter in yesterday. From first glance on the outside it looks really promising! I’ll try to get to swapping things on it tonight and update you all

Old 10-13-2019, 08:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-...ml#post3871034

Check it out! Looks like it will work!! The kicker is you have to have a still good armature. If you burned up your starter it wont work.
Swap your armature and end caps over to the body of the Raider starter and bolt it up!

The bodies are the identical, dimensionally, but the raider only has 4 magnets, the magnets are the same as ours though! Seems to work so far on my bike though

FYI I am still willing to pay a small fee for any and all old Warrior, Raider or Roadstar 1700 starters! I am less interested in the Road star starters but would like to get one good used one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted