Warrior starter - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Warrior starter

Looking for a starter for 2005 Warrior let me what you got. Thanks
KDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Not being a @$$ , use the search function.
Some members have used a stater form different Yamaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

bump..

Welcome to the brotherhood and the best warrior forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow Warrior is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2019, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ok will do wasn't aware of that.
Thanks
KDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

What happened with your starter?

I have 2 starters that I have rebuilt from a few broken starters. I have tested them both on my warrior and they seem to work fine. I will hook you up with one for cheap.
I just request you send me your old starter and if for some reason you decide the starter I send you isnt good or you want a new one let me know and I we work out a deal to refund your money so I can get it back.
New starters are about $430 I will do 175 shipped to you and you pay to ship your old one to me.

milkman672042000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Otherwise you can also use a starter from a roadstar 1700. It will work but I have no idea how long. I have used one before for a year and it didnt burn up. I finally found a good deal on a used starter and swapped it out. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C....0.FRNgGFwsmmE

Old 10-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Some one posted a Stater for sale not to long ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The Road Star 1700 starter is weaker than the Warrior starter. Many of those who tried one had subsequent failures.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

just out of curiosity would a shop that rebuilds car staters not be able to rebuild a warrior starter?

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christok View Post
just out of curiosity would a shop that rebuilds car staters not be able to rebuild a warrior starter?
It depends what the problem is. If the magnets came off and got broken... Then no. I have been unable to find magnets to replace what we have. I even found the manufacturer and they wont sell to the public. The only option is to have them made, which I looked into, but its incredibly expensive because they are curved and very thin and strong.

If you burned it up but the magnets are intact then yes they can rewind it and make it work again. Or something like a bearing or brushes are no problem.

I had 3 starters that were "bad" all 3 were bad because the magnets came off and broke. I was able to take the magnets from 1 and insert in the other 2 starters to make 2 good new starters. Now they may not be as 100% strong as a new one because magnets deteriorate with heat but they started a cold warrior when I put them on it no problem.

Thats also why I say for my deal send me money and your old one and if one of the ones I send you dies. I will give you your money back if you will send me the starter back. its all an experiment for me and I am not looking to get rich. just try to help someone out.

For the price of the roadstar 1700 starters you could buy 4 and just use it until it burns out. I have tried to look up specs and I dont understand why they are different, but they are super different starters. they are both the 1700 cc engine and from what I see compression ratio is close. One if FI one is carbuerated maybe that has something to do with it? But for sure guys on the roadstar 1700's like to upgrade to our starters because they will turn the bike quicker and easier.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted