Part numbers assistance (WTB Star Accessory Parts) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Part numbers assistance (WTB Star Accessory Parts)

Hey Fella's Good Afternoon.

-I have attached the "Crank-Case Cover" schematic to this post so as everyone can actually see the parts that I am asking about.

-I wish to replace the "Cover Cap" #45 p/n: 5PX-15427-00-00, the "Generator Cover 2" #26 p/n: 5PX-15425-00-00 and finally the "Air Cleaner Cover" #4 p/n: 5PX-15414-00-00 with the STAR billet pieces in Brushed Finish.

-Can anyone tell me if the following part numbers for the STAR billet items are what I need? Here goes as they are labeled differently than what Yamaha calls them in the schematic.

1. "Timing Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-44-07
2. "Cam Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-41-07

and I do not have a part number for the "Air Cleaner Cover"

-Any assistance provided for these questions WILL be most appreciated!

Ride Safe everyone and thanks.
Rg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crankcase cvr schm.png
Views:	33
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	218432  
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have not cross-referenced the part numbers for you, will try during the week if time. Item 25 is available in chrome too. It's a Road Star 1700 accessory part. Many of us installed it.

In my profile, on my Bike tab, I keep most all of my mods/parts with part number. I admit I'm a bit behind on keeping it current lol. Notice that mine is a 2003. You can reference the MODEL YEAR DIFFERENCES thread for parts that differ between model years DOH! Sorry, it had to be said!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Arizonawarrior;

-Thank you for the response! I will check out your Bike tab for any helpful info.
Thanks again and have a good evening.
Rg

Old 11-04-2019, 04:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelXV1700pcr View Post
Hey Fella's Good Afternoon.

-I have attached the "Crank-Case Cover" schematic to this post so as everyone can actually see the parts that I am asking about.

-I wish to replace the "Cover Cap" #45 p/n: 5PX-15427-00-00, the "Generator Cover 2" #26 p/n: 5PX-15425-00-00 and finally the "Air Cleaner Cover" #4 p/n: 5PX-15414-00-00 with the STAR billet pieces in Brushed Finish.

-Can anyone tell me if the following part numbers for the STAR billet items are what I need? Here goes as they are labeled differently than what Yamaha calls them in the schematic.

1. "Timing Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-44-07

2. "Cam Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-41-07

and I do not have a part number for the "Air Cleaner Cover"

-Any assistance provided for these questions WILL be most appreciated!

Ride Safe everyone and thanks.

Rg
The OEM parts 'Air cleaner ' is mislabeled as its really a clutch cover insert as in the Yamaha accessories.
Aswell as the Yamaha accessories labled 'Alternator cover ' which is a Timing cover insert as labled in the OEM parts.
The 'Cam cover insert' is labled correctly.

Here's the parts you want from the Yamaha accessories catalog.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Bub Chambermaids
Big City Thunders - Thunder Monster Baffles

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

rij1;

-Thank you for your response as this is exactly the info I was seeking! I am also looking for the correct part numbers for the following billet items:

1. Billet fork cap covers (brushed)
2. Billet fork stem nut cover (smooth)
3. Billet rear axle bolt covers (smooth)
4. Billet pulley nut covers (smooth)

It would be most appreciated by me, if you could post up those items part numbers.
I will also try and use the search option to find them. These are the last items that I wish to upgrade over the winter and then I will call it "DONE". lol.
Rg
Old 11-04-2019, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

You can also take those parts and polish them up to get something similar to a chrome look while still retaining the Yamaha logo. That's what I did with mine.. Takes a bit of work to take the clear coat and engraved ribbing off but then you can polish it up nice. I used a die grinder for the rough cut and then a buffing wheel for polish.
Being as it's polished aluminum and not chrome the color is slightly different and it oxidizes at a different rate than the chrome, but when they're clean they're nearly identical in finish. The cam cover that says 102 is a chrome piece and the Yamaha cover is bare polished aluminum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
2007 Graphite/Silver, Churchkey Vbak, Samson StreetSweepers w/ Big City Thunder baffles, AIS Delete, Akitadog coil plate, LCV delete, DynaCoils under tank, Ivans ECU Flash, PCV with Ivans Map, Left side cleanup, Right side horn brake cleanup, 3-full plate clutch mod, BArnett Clutch, Pulley change 33/68, Cyclops 3800 headlight
LOTS of Chrome!

Last edited by Sandytows; 11-04-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Sandytows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I did a quick google search using criteria: star motorcycle accessory catalog.

Many results that have the star accessory catalog as pdf attached. The 2010 version is pretty good. It has most items that vary by model year. Also the 2006 version. Earlier versions might not take model year differences into account. The catalog pdf is too large to attach here.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelXV1700pcr View Post
rij1;

-Thank you for your response as this is exactly the info I was seeking! I am also looking for the correct part numbers for the following billet items:

1. Billet fork cap covers (brushed)
2. Billet fork stem nut cover (smooth)
3. Billet rear axle bolt covers (smooth)
4. Billet pulley nut covers (smooth)

It would be most appreciated by me, if you could post up those items part numbers.
I will also try and use the search option to find them. These are the last items that I wish to upgrade over the winter and then I will call it "DONE". lol.
Rg
Sure, here you go. These parts are hard to find but with time its possible come by.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Bub Chambermaids
Big City Thunders - Thunder Monster Baffles

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

arizonawarrior and rij1;

-Thank you BOTH for leading the way for me on these part numbers! You guys have no idea how grateful I am for this.

OTHERS TAKE NOTE!!! This is one of the many reasons why this is THE forum for all things RSW. Fella's like this and the willingness to help/share all the knowledge they have obtained thru the years.

Ride Safe! And thanks again.
Rg
Old 11-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sandytows,

-Thanks for the advice. You did a great job polishing out that cover and its looks great.
Rg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted