Call to Arms (Went Down Need Parts) - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

I also took a fall recently, glad you're ok!
mbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about your fall and glad you're ok! I'm not able to help with parts at the moment but given that its snowing like crazy here in NY and they put salt on the roads, I'm putting the bike away for the winter this weekend and will be starting on winter mods soon. I assume that you don't have any down time in CA but I will reach out when I get things stripped down and parts ordered if you still have something you're missing.
Zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
Sorry to hear about your fall and glad you're ok! I'm not able to help with parts at the moment but given that its snowing like crazy here in NY and they put salt on the roads, I'm putting the bike away for the winter this weekend and will be starting on winter mods soon. I assume that you don't have any down time in CA but I will reach out when I get things stripped down and parts ordered if you still have something you're missing.
I appreciate that. I'm going to tear into her this weekend and see what else i may need.
good luck on winter mods.
what are you planning?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbola View Post
I also took a fall recently, glad you're ok!
yeah still in one piece.
How about you? what happened?

Old 11-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

Gent's
got into the bike this weekend.
Bars are not bent, (which is huge)
scuff on swing arm. Touch up paint should handle that.
Passenger footbeg needed to be filed and cleaned up, that's done.

One last piece i think i'm in need of is the left side driver foot peg mount.
See image.
If anyone has one floating around maybe from a parts bike or something, i'd be very interested in purchasing. Please let me know what you have.
I would like to avoid buying new as it's an entire assembly that i don't really need.

thanks all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foot peg mount.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	218576  

Old 11-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
I appreciate that. I'm going to tear into her this weekend and see what else i may need.
good luck on winter mods.
what are you planning?

Looks like you have things nicely underway with the fix!

As far as my winter mod list, I've got a bunch I want to get to! After I strip her down and clean the nooks and crannies, I'm doing new bars, mirrors, SS lines, brakes, integrated tail light, DIY fender eliminator, lowering the back end, 3" forward control extensions, left side clean up and probably the Barons Tear Drop cover for the right side now that the coffin in gone. I've got a couple other things on the back burner depending on how everything else goes and what kind of time I have. I'm finishing up a rebuild of my garage right now so it will be heated, organized and properly set up as a work shop for the winter so I can take care of the bike and do some work on my Tacoma. It's gonna be a big winter and this is the first year I've actually looked forward to putting the bike up for the season!
Zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Glad you are ok! Sorry about the bike!

jimduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
Looks like you have things nicely underway with the fix!

As far as my winter mod list, I've got a bunch I want to get to! After I strip her down and clean the nooks and crannies, I'm doing new bars, mirrors, SS lines, brakes, integrated tail light, DIY fender eliminator, lowering the back end, 3" forward control extensions, left side clean up and probably the Barons Tear Drop cover for the right side now that the coffin in gone. I've got a couple other things on the back burner depending on how everything else goes and what kind of time I have. I'm finishing up a rebuild of my garage right now so it will be heated, organized and properly set up as a work shop for the winter so I can take care of the bike and do some work on my Tacoma. It's gonna be a big winter and this is the first year I've actually looked forward to putting the bike up for the season!
Sounds like quite the mod list. I would suggest the KyleNV hidden caliper mount and motor mount as part of your left side clean-up.
I did the VBAK and the akitadogg coil bracket, integrated tail, diy eliminator, already had drag bars. I like the bar end mirrors, i get so much visibility and love the lower profile without mirrors sticking up.
I have no further mods planned for the bike aside from a stiffer rear spring. I have no plans for a wide rear tire or custom rear fender.
I ride 2-up from time to time

Old 11-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimduncan View Post
Glad you are ok! Sorry about the bike!
thanks. yes, it could have been way worse. For the bike or me. Happy to be able to walk away from it. and bike was mostly ride-able right after, except for driver foot peg. i was lucky in that i was within a few tenths of a mile from home.

Hopefully my parts arrive soon, then will talk to a body shop on what tank repairs will be, and paint all around.

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Anyone have an OEM midnight shift pedal? mine is bent, not sure how to go about straightening it out. I know a lot of stock parts can snap pretty easy when trying to change their bend. Input or lead on replacement appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted