Paying homage to KyleNV's work... my 250 rear! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Paying homage to KyleNV's work... my 250 rear!

Installed her today. Widened rear wheel 18x9 / swingarm and hidden caliper. Installed them today. Just waiting on my tank and fenders to come back from paint.

Oh yeah... kudos to bucky685 on his quality velocity stacks. I had em chromed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0201[1].jpg
Views:	152
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	20729   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0202[1].jpg
Views:	159
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	20730   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0203[1].jpg
Views:	147
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	20731   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0200[1].jpg
Views:	156
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	20732  
themartinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ama

sweet, did the same thing. kyles the man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I don't like chrome.....but that looks good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yep..Kyle is the man..looks awesome...can't wait to see the paint!

parkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themartinz View Post
Installed her today. Widened rear wheel 18x9 / swingarm and hidden caliper. Installed them today. Just waiting on my tank and fenders to come back from paint.

Oh yeah... kudos to bucky685 on his quality velocity stacks. I had em chromed.
who did you use to do the chrome plating?

"America is all about Speed - Hot, Nasty Bad-Ass Speed .~"Eleanor Roosevelt
yodie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Looks good, I like mine.

Don't know if it makes a lot of difference but your rear disc (directional spokes) is flipped...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen shot 2013-07-07 at 12.20.03 AM.png
Views:	68
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	20755  

outlawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodie001 View Post
who did you use to do the chrome plating?
I used a shop in Ontario, CA called BJs Chrome and Custom. Turned out, they were just a middle man so I don't know which shop they used to chrome them. Chrome came out good but not too pleased with the customer service. The only reason I used them was they quoted me a two week turnaround on the wheels. Ended up taking over 4.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 07-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawarrior View Post
Don't know if it makes a lot of difference but your rear disc (directional spokes) is flipped...
+1 .... it does imho. The rear rotor has a 45* chamfer machined on the ID of the rear face to clear the radiused inside corner machined on the stock aluminum wheel where the two surfaces mate.

It is possible when the rotor is flipped as noted by outlawarrior it will hang-up on the sharp broken corner and radiused inside corner causing the rotor not to sit flush to the machined surface as was intended! Especially if this surface wasn't masked during plating.

When i did my DIY 240 Phat chrome set-up i paid particular attention to cleaning these surfaces up for both the frt & rear wheels to be sure that the rotors sat properly

some jpegs attached if interested:

nice looking mods themartinz .... outlawarrior, you have a sharp eye :>)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2752.jpg
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	20763   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2710.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	20764   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2712.jpg
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	20765  

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Glad you caught that. I'll flip her this evening.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themartinz View Post
I used a shop in Ontario, CA called BJs Chrome and Custom. Turned out, they were just a middle man so I don't know which shop they used to chrome them. Chrome came out good but not too pleased with the customer service. The only reason I used them was they quoted me a two week turnaround on the wheels. Ended up taking over 4.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I hate that!!!
I ran into a similar problem. Had I known the guy I was using was nothing more than a money exchanger and shipper I would have done it all myself... And the chromer he used was garbage, I would have used someone that was reputable. Live and learn.

Keep an eye on your chrome and keep it clean. A lot of shops are more concerned with volume than doing a job that lasts. Its funny how an oem car bumper can last 20+years, but aftermarket chrome your lucky to get 3 years.

Pops bought an aftermarket bumper for his Pete...rusty in less than a year...there is some real garbage out there today....

"America is all about Speed - Hot, Nasty Bad-Ass Speed .~"Eleanor Roosevelt
yodie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Vendors > Vendors Forum > Vendor Ratings