about barnett's idiotism... - Page 5 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2019, 01:14 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanh View Post
If you want to calculate the actual approximate thrust forces then I would suggest you measure the spring free length and also the collapsed preloaded length (spring pocket depth) and do some simple calculations.
For measurements, I need to remove the cranckcase cover again and it's gasket and drain oil. I have no motive yet. Everything is working. I will make a much more rough estimate, as a consumer: with other equal conditions, I will compare how much the installed bearing will run by mileage. If the mileage exceeds 2500 kilometers, even an ordinary industrial Koyo bearing, for which I paid 3 bucks, will clearly look better than what Barnett use.

But if you specify the bearing model used by you, which you advise, I will be grateful. The manufacturer mentioned here is practically not represented in our country, but I will try to find Koyo in similar parameters and order it in order to be ready for possible breakdowns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2019, 06:40 PM   #42 (permalink)

^^^
I would suggest using either a Koyo or VXB 7003b angular contact bearing or equivalent as they are designed for radial & thrust loads in one direction.
The Koyo 6003 bearing you're currently using is nothing more than a deep grove ball bearing though it has excellent spec's it's not designed for thrust loads.

Perhaps you can reuse your OEM bearing or pickup a T.O bearing from your Yamaha dealer. The Warrior T.O bearing is a common part number on many Yamaha motorsports vehicles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #43 (permalink)

Alan, of course I am aware that I put the wrong type of bearing. I bought it in the winter, considering the marking from the bearing purchased in the fall with a friend. I bought just in case, and comrade was need to buy in exchange for a barnett's plate with gold springs and broken bearing in it. And then I trusted him. He bought the SKF. And I do not trust this brand. Therefore I bought Koyo. But I should have studied the issue more carefully and take radial-angular. I am doing this now. But the weekend))) After a couple of days I plan to buy Koyo with a brass separator, put down motorcycle on a right side (good, there are arcs) and without draining the oil, and carefully replace the bearing in the clutch plate. At the same time I will check the actual condition of the radial bearing with red springs.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:01 AM   #44 (permalink)

So yesterday I received a confirmation milage. Yesterday, on a BPP with red springs and a simple radial bearing(Koyo 6003 2RS), I made the same milage - 2500 km. Moreover, my yesterday's route was passing in the beyond traffic and I used the clutch extremely active. No problems, the cable is in place, does not require adjustment, the position is stable. The work of the clutch is accurate and without problems.

At the moment, I concluded that barnett miscalculated the choice of bearing and puted some kind china-noname ****-bearing in BPP.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #45 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'm just curious why you went that way. I am not a bearing expert. But over a decade ago when I instaled my SR2 I have notes I had considered a Timken as a spare to have on-hand. I never got around to asking Barnett's advice. Thankfully today my SR2 continues to perform well. But back then I had considered this:

6003 C3 - Timken Deep Groove Radial Ball Bearings - 17x35x10mm

It seems to handle the loads and I just checked online price, its $6 or so.

I look forward to your success with the fully sealed 2RS bearing, it's just strange for the application but like I say I am no bearing expert.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeezzzz View Post
So yesterday I received a confirmation milage. Yesterday, on a BPP with red springs and a simple radial bearing(Koyo 6003 2RS), I made the same milage - 2500 km. Moreover, my yesterday's route was passing in the beyond traffic and I used the clutch extremely active. No problems, the cable is in place, does not require adjustment, the position is stable. The work of the clutch is accurate and without problems.

At the moment, I concluded that barnett miscalculated the choice of bearing and puted some kind china-noname ****-bearing in BPP.
As my Pappy said, 'The proof is in the pudding'

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
But back then I had considered this:
6003 C3 - Timken Deep Groove Radial Ball Bearings - 17x35x10mm
It seems to handle the loads and I just checked online price, its $6 or so.
That Koyo about which I write I bought for 3 bucks)))
Dimensions that you indicated are correct.

That 7003FY with a brass separator that I bought just in case cost me $18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
I look forward to your success with the fully sealed 2RS bearing, it's just strange for the application but like I say I am no bearing expert.
Modification 2RS or non-RS, according to the manufacturer, as I understand, affects the maximum speed of rotation. In 2RS it's lower than in non-RS. But still, limits of 2RS are much higher than the speed with which clutch hub rotates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanh View Post
As my Pappy said, 'The proof is in the pudding'
Well, that pudding did not happen away from home

Last edited by freeezzzz; 06-20-2019 at 11:07 AM.
freeezzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #48 (permalink)

So, a simple Koyo radial bearing with a seal complete with red springs after 4000 km of ride...

I pressed out the bearing and checked. No any signs of wear or damage. It in great condition! Can put it back))

Everything said and shown so that you can see the difference between the good thing and **** that barnett sets by default

I do not consider it reasonable to put back the same(used) bearing. I believe that he would have served for a very, very long time. I believe Koyo products. Let it be a new bearing. A new Koyo)))
Unread Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #49 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

I gotta say, and I'll mention just 1 specific person and bike as there's hundreds or thousands running red springs.
I'm confident in using red springs. I have and will still tell people yes they can. It's only a hand full if that many that have had issues with them compared to the larger number of those that run them and have no issues.

Joeyallessi has ran red springs that I installed in his bike and never had an issue in over 100 thousand miles on that set up. He would still be going now with his red springs if his engine didn't blow after a bad piston install. Lots of different types of riding and messing around.
Since then I have installed his pressure plate set into another bike and he is not having issues either.

Bottom line here, some things do have issues and that goes with EVERYTHING out there.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods

BUB CHAMBERMAIDS

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)
Rudy Jeremias.
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #50 (permalink)

Rudy installed JoeyA pressure plate on my warrior and its going strong...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Yamaha & Aftermarket Dealer Reviews