Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - View Single Post - Re-Establishing redbullssg Member Account
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
arizonawarrior
Super Moderator

Default Re-Establishing redbullssg Member Account

Hey wassup Stan! I will try to send a bit of help to your old member account. Please send me a PM with the email address you used back then. Plus the one you use these days if different. You will receive a prompt. Mike.

Added 7/8/2019: did not hear from you so idled things. Let me know if you still need help with your old account. Also curious about See member account! Later. Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by See View Post
Just a clarification, this is Redbullssg (Stan), not See... Still can't get in.

Anyway, been a while since I've done an oil change on the bike, it's been in storage for a few years. I changed it before I stored it, so the oil looked great still, but, did it anyway. Like I said, it's been a while, so had to try to remember the ropes. I rode it for a bit, let idle for 30 seconds or so, but the rest was a fog, lmao guess I'm getting old. I drained the front plug, and the filter. Went to drain the rear plug and was trying to remember, for some reason, I didn't remember changing socket sizes for the rear, but I removed the oil tank lower tube plug (10mm) and soon as I did, I was like, that's not right. Nothing came out, but just a trickle. Anyway, move to the correct one, drained the rest..

Now, I could kinda remeber it was under 5 quarts, because I'd always have some left over, and put it on the shelf for next change. But after filling with 4.5, then running for a while, and checking the level again, it didn't even touch the bottom of the dipstick. Looking down inside, it was really low looking.. I could, I am pretty sure, put another quart in there before it would be half way on the dipstick. But, I knew 5 quarts is not right....

Came to my trust forum, missing this place... Anyway, now I'm sure I was right after reading through, but do not understand why it's not showing on the stick right. I'll ride it and check again, but I do not ever remeber dojng that before. I'm wondering if by pulling the 10mm plug, it released a vacuum and more drained out the rear than normal... Guess I'll find out when ride it and recheck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 07-09-2019 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Update
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote