Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - View Single Post - Rear Tire Feedback- Your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chuckles8699

Hi, I got 15,000 km on a rear Bridgestone excedra but had issues as it would slip in corners if I hit any white line markings (Australian roads). Don't know if they're the exact same tyre as in the states.
Swapped to a Metzler Marathon 6 months ago and very happy. They seem to need a little warm up for full traction. Can't comment on longevity yet. Got a fatal puncture recently and went with Metzler again ($310 au) but this time I went for a 55 profile instead of the stock 50. The improvements in cornering and handling are significant and I won't be going back to the 50.
Mates also recommend Avon as a better road holding tyre but say they don't get as much mileage with the softer rubber. Others swear by Pirelli claiming mileage in the mid to high 20,000km range.
Unfortunately you can't try before you buy.
Should also mention that Australian road conditions will probably be harsher than most US roads, road temperatures will also most likely be higher too.
Chuckles8699 is offline   Reply With Quote