Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - View Single Post - Rear Tire Feedback- Your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
dfhowes

Up until this season, I've used nothing but Avons. I like the Avon Storm 3D X/M, it grips VERY well in corners and rain. And you can get a good amount of miles out of them - X/M stands for eXtra Miles.

Unfortunately for me, at the beginning of this season, I ruined my near new back tire by riding with too low air pressure. Not wanting to spend another $200+ for a replacement, I thought now was the time to try something different. Why go different? Late last season, I got a great deal on a Honda VTX1800 and decided to use this more for commuting and use the Warrior more for drag racing. So I bought a Shinko 003 Stealth (appx. $100 less than the Avon). MUCH better traction at the strip! I went from 13.10s to 12.80s of the first weekend. I'm sure I'll be giving up mileage with the Shinko but as I said, the Warrior is my weekend bike when I want to race or show off.

For street use, I recommend the Avon, if you're willing to pay that much more. Just my 2 worth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dfhowes is offline   Reply With Quote