New Member & RS Warrior Owner - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2019, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Member & RS Warrior Owner

I am a new member to the RS Warrior website. I recently bought a 2006 RS Warrior with less than 7,000 miles, and is in mint condition as far as looks.

The original bike owner recommend this site, he had been on it for years. I don't know what his user name was.

The first yr. he owned the bike, he did a few mods that he learned from the RS Warrior site. He had the BAK added, he removed the Air-Induction-System, and added the Power Commander, and had another set of Yamaha exhaust pipes added, and then had the bike put on a dyno.

I recently ordered a new set of Graffeo exhaust pipes that should be here in a month. I would like to change the rear drive pulley over to a Baron 31 tooth. I plan to add the 10.5" pull back drag handle bars. Drop the tail about 1 1/2 and call it good.

I am anxious to learn from the members who have gained all the knowledge about modifying the Warrior !!

Thank you !!

My Indian name is Wolfhead
Wolfhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. You definitely got good advice in being told to come here. Great group of people, and all the info you could want. That 31 tooth pulley is going to be your front one. Probably just a typo, but just a heads up. Another option is going the other way and doing a 33 tooth pulley and dropping those rpms in the higher speeds.
Bryanmcmeekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome from SoCal..Ride safe and post some pics..
That way we can see the warrior and try and figure out who was the previous owner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to the family and the best warrior 4m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

welcome remember the search function is your friend. also check out the gremlin link in my signature block

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Wolfhead;

-Welcome from Northern NY State! Ride Safe and enjoy the RSW as they are truly a great ride.
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Welcome from Germany !
Ride safe ......
Thommy_STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the warm welcome !! A little bit about me, I use to ride dirt bikes when I was 13-16 yrs old with my friends. When I turned 16 and got my driver's license, I strait away bought a BSA 650 (with a magneto) and road the bike clear across Washington State that summer. My High School buddies (group of 5) and I road bikes allot together (The Easy Rider Rage) during the summer months into the mountains and camped under bridges that we use to jump from into the river. The law won't allow that today. I rode a Sportster Harley (with a magneto) while attending a community college for two yrs. That tells you how old I am !! I haven't rode a bike since because of serious health problems that I over came with time and allot of patients. But I always drive my truck with the window down to feel the wind and fresh air that my passengers didn't care for when it's cold out... LOL

I now live on a Island, that is part of the beautiful Puget Sound, in Washington State. The Island has allot of long beautiful back winding roads (tourist don't know about) through the woods and along the shorelines, with few local cars traveling them. Deer is the main pedestrian that you must lookout for crossing the roads. So I decide this was the perfect time and place to own another bike, before age won't allow me to ride anymore. I was very fortunate to find this 2006 Warrior with under 7,000 miles.

I'll post photos of the bike when I am allowed to post pics. Thanks

Last edited by Wolfhead; 05-17-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Welcome to the club! My bike resides in Seattle right now. I got the graffeo coming too.
206warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

2006warrior, we will have to hookup and ride together after we get our Graffeo 'Power House' pipes installed, and send Graffeo a pic of both the bikes together. He would get a kick out that. Yesterday, I saw Graffeo's latest creation on Facebook for a Harley. It's basically the same 'Power House' exhaust pipes being built for many of the Warrior owners; but I notice that the tail end of the pipe had a nice curve turned out to the side. Graffeo said he would be happy to add that feature to my set of pipes. I was kidding around with Graffeo and told him, he will probably have his signature name plate on ever Warrior in the U.S.

Last edited by Wolfhead; 05-17-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > The Welcome Mat