A Cold and Damp Hello - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A Cold and Damp Hello

Hi all from a cold and damp UK (that cold and damp I'm gonna have to clean the bike, again).

Bought an 06 Warrior about a month ago, still get giddy when I think about riding it. It came with loads of glittery bits and the ugliest screen I've ever seen bolted on to it so that lot got decamped straightaway.

With 32 thou on the clock it had years of road muck in all the nooks and crannies and I wore a toothbrush out getting rid of it all. It's been well maintained mechanically though, got a heap of history with her when I handed over my hard earned.

Thinking about fitting a screen as I got a bumble bee in the teeth the other day (it tasted very sweet) but getting one in the UK means a 3 to 6 week wait as it seems no where over here keeps anything bike specific in stock.

Other option is a nice little headlight cowl and keeping my fat mouth shut while I'm riding but I'm not having much luck finding one of those either.

Anyhow, some pics

Limey Wozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
bp1

Very nice!!

Must be up t'north if cold and damp because I'm melting down here.

Seems you're already coming to terms with the fact that we cant get jack for them over here!!

Welcome man!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Congtraz and welcome from SoCal..Ride safe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Limey Wozza;
-Greetings from across the pond (Northern New York State USA). You Sir, should be commended on a very FINE looking RSW indeed! She is a beauty. As for riding without the windscreen and becoming an eater of bugs, most here, can relate to your experience.
Don't forget to check out the classifieds section of this forum as I believe a couple of the OEM Yamaha offerings were for sale a bit ago. With that I will close with Ride Safe and enjoy one of the greatest cruisers ever offered to the masses!
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome from Germany !
A very nice bike indeed .... my congratulations !

Best regards,
Thommy
Thommy_STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome to the family and the best warrior 4m.

Congrats on your warrior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the welcome and bp1, aye, I'm oop norf. North east coast to be exact and we seem to have our own mini climate up here.

Mate of mine is working down in Brizzle this week and has phoned to say he's got blue skies and sunshine, I've got dirty great black clouds so I told him to go boil his head, snarf.

Bike needs cleaning anyway so I'm off to Whitby for a coffee and a jibber jabber
Limey Wozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
bp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Wozza View Post
Thanks for the welcome and bp1, aye, I'm oop norf. North east coast to be exact and we seem to have our own mini climate up here.

Mate of mine is working down in Brizzle this week and has phoned to say he's got blue skies and sunshine, I've got dirty great black clouds so I told him to go boil his head, snarf.

Bike needs cleaning anyway so I'm off to Whitby for a coffee and a jibber jabber

bp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Welcome.
ridingrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice bike!!
Welcome from Tennessee its been 90 degrees for weeks here & bright sunshine with a few sprinkles about a week apart.

Maybe try a full face helmet until you find a windscreen?
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > The Welcome Mat