plastic burnt to down pipe solution - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba
Default plastic burnt to down pipe solution

ok - riding out to Dover stupidly put baggy over trouser wets on - and as to be expected managed to burnt some of the material onto my rear speed* down pipe!!!.....f****&^%" grrrr

chatted it over with gav the man....decided to use betterware 'oven mate for half hour ...a gel for cleaning ovens.. instructions popo'd any ali - copper - brass, anodised, and painted surfaces...didn't say no chrome - takes 3 mins to 3 hours depending on burnt product depth - so glooped it on and left it - lost my nerve after half an hour wiped it off as instructed [biodegradable stuff] and off most of it came ..clean no really wiping at all - chrome perfect!!

so thought you'd like to know - over and out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
tomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the Tip! I need that stuff right now.

G
1256day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, thanks for the tip.

I was sitting out in my garage yesterday, coincidentally, with a heat gun and mineral spirits working hard to remove some burnt-on rubber or plastic from one of my heat shields. Got 95% of it off, but it took a lot more work than what you just described.
papawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomba View Post
ok - riding out to Dover stupidly put baggy over trouser wets on - and as to be expected managed to burnt some of the material onto my rear speed* down pipe!!!.....f****&^%" grrrr

chatted it over with gav the man....decided to use betterware 'oven mate for half hour ...a gel for cleaning ovens.. instructions popo'd any ali - copper - brass, anodised, and painted surfaces...didn't say no chrome - takes 3 mins to 3 hours depending on burnt product depth - so glooped it on and left it - lost my nerve after half an hour wiped it off as instructed [biodegradable stuff] and off most of it came ..clean no really wiping at all - chrome perfect!!

so thought you'd like to know - over and out
VERY delia smith there tomba
jack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I always use blue-job. Great stuff for chrome. So far everything comes off. It is quite expensive considering the amount you get in the container, I thought I was ripped off on ebay, but apparently that's all you get (not even 1/5 of the container).
If you do it by hand - it takes a while, but with polisher -should take minutes...
RSKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Anything for powder coat?

07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

It seems like it is only sold in the UK. Any Idea what it might be called over here?

G
1256day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1256day View Post
It seems like it is only sold in the UK. Any Idea what it might be called over here?

G
If you're asking about Blue Job - I always thought it is from US. Check on ebay...
RSKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Ride Club > Europe Riders