:( snapped drive belt,,,,,, again!! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default :( snapped drive belt,,,,,, again!!

hi warrior family, would anyone know of a supplier i could get in contact with to aquire a std drive belt/ or has a spare i could purchase? and heff would you be so kind to help me install it again: you could probably come pick ur carving up aswell at same time hehe! cheers,,,
hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Love to help Hemi, but I think you have used up all the spare ones in the country. Yamaha ones are about $700 and panther about $300. I would look for an SS gates through rollies speed shop at about $229 and way stronger. Give me a call on 0417 157 873.

Heff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

WOW!! thank you so much Heff for your help on installing my drive belt onto my beasty, am most appreciated!! Truely a Warrior! thanks again bro!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

So does this mean you have a belt now?
I was just about to go through the shed and check what I have as I know have about 3 belts of different sizes.
Guess I won't bother now.
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah we put the S&S gates belt on. Still 1 1/8 wide 130 tooth as per std but way stronger and a fraction of the cost $249.

Heff

Old 01-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
So does this mean you have a belt now?
I was just about to go through the shed and check what I have as I know have about 3 belts of different sizes.
Guess I won't bother now.
nah you keep looking, Im pretty sure i can snap this one!! hahaha,,,
Old 01-22-2015, 06:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm amazed with my riding habits and a built motor that I'm still running my original 2002 stock belt. Must be 1 in a million!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
HURD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURD View Post
I'm amazed with my riding habits and a built motor that I'm still running my original 2002 stock belt. Must be 1 in a million!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You obviously ride like a pussie LOL. Nah some guys have had huge miles and others no luck at all.

Heff

Old 01-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Don't know if its worth it from the shipping but heres the one I got.
S&S/Gates High Strength Rear Drive Belt - 1 1/8 - 14mm 130 Tooth (49-3475) by Gates - Direct Cycle

Maybe for the future..

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods

BUB CHAMBERMAIDS

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)
Rudy Jeremias.
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Something is wrong if you are snapping belts, sure you are not putting them on too tight? Good to see Heff helped you get her back on the road, not an easy job, true brotherhood.

The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride warriors
strud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Ride Club > Australia