rswarrior.com is simply unsurfable - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: rswarrior.com is simply unsurfable

TECK,
cdn.rswarrior.com is a distribution network, which is meant to speed up access based on your IP. Furthermore, everything served from those servers should be cached for a long time so you shouldn't be having to download it more than once. Are you telling your browser to not cache anything thereby forcing your browser to download every image/js/css for every page load?

Judging by the replies tto this thread it seems like response times are varied. If times are slow for most people I will close my CDN account and start hosting everything on the main server again.
carknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

What is cdn.rswarrior.com ? I am in Canada but when I type that in my browser it doesn't come up. I use www.rswarrior.comand like I say it seems to work fine.
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce59
What is cdn.rswarrior.com ?

It's techno-babble Bruce. Magic behind the curtain kind of stuff. Don't sweat it, even I don't get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papawheelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake

Teck,

The site runs fast for me and I'm only running at 54mbps.

However, when I want to post to a reply, it does take about 15 seconds to load the reply page.

You have a 54MB internet connection? I think the best I can get from Comcast is 12MB. I am betting you are using a router and the connection to that is 54mbps. However, I find it to be slow also. But not like Teck is talking about. That is some major slow down.

I have a feeling he probably means 54kbps (dial up).

No, I do not have dial up, who the **** does anymore? I have qwest DSL with no router. My connection speed on this computer right now says 54.0 Mbps Which is 54 mega bits per second.
fake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKnee

TECK,
Are you telling your browser to not cache anything thereby forcing your browser to download every image/js/css for every page load?
[*]Where is this feature or TAB selectable for the cacheunder Internet Explorer 7.0 so that i can check mine?[/list]

Judging by the replies tto this thread it seems like response times are varied. If times are slow for most people I will close my CDN account and start hosting everything on the main server again.
.... since moving to rural MI my internet connection is via a dedicated broadband card andslow. The additional Google scripts appear to be afactor compared to when i was on a dsl line in CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

I am in new brunswick and it is working fine for me.I do have high speed.
islecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gav

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKnee

Everything's fine this side of the water. Normally slow for any web site to load between 7pm and 10pm. Some of the rswarrior pages are a bit slower, the ones with a lot of pictures. Just normal I'd say.My wireless connection (via BT's cable system) says 54Mbps as well Fake, but I did find out our cables are only capable of handling 8Mbps. ????

Keep up the good work CarKnee.

Gav.
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator

I looked into speed a little more last night... it looks like the connection to my box (not cdn) is performing rather shitty lately. I have a ticket open with the provider.
carknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #19 (permalink)

The pages are coming up fine if I am just browsing threads. The past few weeks/months(?) or so it is very very slow when I click on reply. I thought it was a problem at my end but thinking about it, I don't have that problem on any other forum.

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan
The pages are coming up fine if I am just browsing threads. The past few weeks/months(?) or so it is very very slow when I click on reply.

Same here. Only seems to be slow when going into "Reply".
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News