rswarrior.com is simply unsurfable - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: rswarrior.com is simply unsurfable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKnee

Are you telling your browser to not cache anything thereby forcing your browser to download every image/js/css for every page load?
Nah, I cache the static files always. Today, I was not able to access the forums for hours, they just came online now. I think you did some tweaking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Night Demon -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

Friends call me Floren, join the
group on Facebook
"If you are not sure, just open the throttle"
TECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

I keep getting server timeouts and pages failing to load too. I'm on a cable modem.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm getting 'page not available' and the reply function takes significantly longer than a couple of weeks ago. That's in N.CO.

Just tried to load a picture from a thread and it loads as if it were dial-up in 6 or 8 stages.
fcwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKnee

Are you telling your browser to not cache anything thereby forcing your browser to download every image/js/css for every page load?
Nah, I cache the static files always. Today, I was not able to access the forums for hours, they just came online now. I think you did some tweaking.

Site has been down for several hours today, it just came back on. We are definately having server issues lately.

sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #25 (permalink)

You definitely do not have a 54 Mbps connection to the Internet. I would guess that you have wireless internet? That 54 Mbps is your connection speed to the device that is providing you the internet, aka the wireless router (Qwest probably installed a dsl modem/wireless router combo in your house). That is a 802.11g speed so with DSL your actual internet speed is probably much closer to 1.5 - 3 Mbps. Although a 54 Mbps speed would be fun!
jdharmzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #26 (permalink)

CarKnee, your host should display a maintenance page, so we know they are working on the site. Today, the site was down for at least 3 hours, just came back on now.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook
Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECK
CarKnee, your host should display a maintenance page, so we know they are working on the site. Today, the site was down for at least 3 hours, just came back on now.
That would work great, except for when the server is down, which has been the case lately. That's why rswarrior.com has a facebook page.

rswarrior.com on facebook

sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

just fyi...

Just from where I sit in massachusetts, the site was not even accessable from last night until just this morning for me....and at the moment miserably slow.
gchalifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Did Sean forget to pay the electric bill or something?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanH
Where is this feature or TAB selectable for the cacheunder Internet Explorer 7.0 so that i can check mine?
Click on "Tools" in the menu bar, then on "Internet Options". A box will pop up with a number of tabs -- click on the "General" tab. You will see a section on this page called "Temporary Internet Files" with a number of buttons, including "Delete Cookies", "Delete Files", and "Settings". Click on the "Settings" button, and a new box will pop up with a number of adjustable settings. Where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages", make sure the "every visit to the page" option is not selected.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News