CarKnee, please make the forums usable! - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: CarKnee, please make the forums usable!

Its not just Chrome 6.0. Even Google Chrome 5.0xx did not play well with the post editing software here. I've been keeping two icons on my desktop for a long time now: one IE8 and one for Google Chrome that I use for everything I can. It is lighter/faster. +1 I had to go away from Firefox since many various websites I visit seem to become limited in unexpected ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideD_45
Chrome and IE take the password login fine...Firefox seems to be the application at fault at my end. When I enter my info and try to log in, I can't.

You are not using the new Chrome Beta (6.0.x is really aswesome).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly

If I download Chrome Beta do I have to get rid of Firefox,and IE.I use IE sometimes because Firefox seems to crash on me every now and again.And my video's start and stop all the time.Just didn't want to have to much stuff on my computer and slow it down more than it is now,and I want to still be able to get on the site.

You can keep all browsers in your computer. Personally I used to use Firefox and I ditch it for Chrome, when I saw how fast it is comared to Firefox.
IE is installed by default, soI keep it there anyways.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

Friends call me Floren, join the
group on Facebook
"If you are not sure, just open the throttle"
Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks.Teck,you seem to be able to post on here OK,so i'm ditching firefox.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

Firefox is a huge resource hog...is Chrome less greedy with the memory? Have you noticed any glitches or drawbacks w/ Chrome so far?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

I downloaded it and so far I like it way better than I did firefox.Having a lot less problems with video's and seems a lot faster.Thanks Teck.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

LOL...

I use IE8, and like it!

If I ever think its getting slow (which I dont) I just upgrade my PC.

Com on guys, you really need and extra .005 second boost?

I run a quad core, Win7 64 bit and 8 gigs of ram. (nothing much now a days) and IE8 takes maybe 1 second to load and maybe 1 to 3 more seconds to log the user by cookieinto this page!

You guys need to check your boxes for bloatware, I keep my system clean and stable and IE8 has never given me a single problem in my system.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

Deleting the cookies, fixed the login issue. The other problems are still there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siradude

LOL...

I use IE8, and like it!

If I ever think its getting slow (which I dont) I just upgrade my PC.

Com on guys, you really need and extra .005 second boost?

I run a quad core, Win7 64 bit and 8 gigs of ram. (nothing much now a days) and IE8 takes maybe 1 second to load and maybe 1 to 3 more seconds to log the user by cookieinto this page!

You guys need to check your boxes for bloatware, I keep my system clean and stable and IE8 has never given me a single problem in my system.
"Both the French and German governments warned their populations to cease using Internet Explorer due to the un-patched flaw. Currently the flaw exists in Internet Explorer versions 6, 7 and 8..."

http://www.neowin.net/news/should-yo...ernet-explorer

I read this in January and make me laugh when actual governments told you NOT to use IE. I really don't trust politicians, but for once they were actually right... I stopped using this browser long time ago. Just google it to find out why you should stay away from IE.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

Friends call me Floren, join the
group on Facebook
"If you are not sure, just open the throttle"
Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well I see that firefox is why i can't log in at home. I had to use firefox so i could use this site on a mac, safari blew. i'll look into google and see if it works well with mac.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECK
"Both the French and German governments warned their populations to cease using Internet Explorer due to the un-patched flaw.

Read the article... The title is Should you stop using Internet Explorer?and their final answer was NO.

They are talking about a flaw using an UNPATCHED version of IE6!. UNPATHCED! and how they(govt.) assume this might extend to the later versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From your article link
This week Microsoft began urging businesses and consumers to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8, explaining that the security benefits are far greater than that of Internet Explorer 6. However, for corporations and web designers there’s a continued reminder that for many years Microsoft ignored emerging and defined web standards in Internet Explorer, especially in version 6.

Quote:
Currently the flaw exists in Internet Explorer versions 6, 7 and 8 but exploit code is only available for Internet Explorer 6. The reason IE 7 and 8 are both unaffected for now is due to the increased security of the software. Internet Explorer 7 introduced a phishing filter, protected mode to run the browser in a sandbox at low level security rights (vista only) and improved management of ActiveX controls. Microsoft improved security in IE8 by running the browser frame and tabs in separate processes and per-site ActiveX controls. Both IE 7 and 8 also include support for Data Execution Prevention (DEP) that prevents buffer overflow attacks.

Quote:
So do these attacks mean you should stop using Internet Explorer? Simply put, no.

LOL.. if you are running and UNPATCHED version of Internet Explorer 6at this time, you are a MORON! (not intended as an insult, unless you are running a version of IE6 and do not patch).I understand the the enterprise world might still be using IE6, but thats due to their own internal needs/lack of software upgrades due to costs, in no way does this imply that single home users out there would in any way benefit from using IE6. Windows 7 and IE8 combination is one of the MOST secure combinations in the MS world, way more secure than Win 7 and Firefox and chrome offers a similar sandbox experience but really not as separate from the kernel as IE8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/security...t-ie-39994504/

"Customers using Internet Explorer 8 are not affected by currently known attacks and exploits due to the improved security protections in IE8," Microsoft said in a statement. "To help protect our customers, we recommend that all customers immediately upgrade to Internet Explorer 8."

You have to remember there are a LOT of Microsoft haters out there and misinformation and pokes at it will continue forever.

If you are running IE8 and experience slow performance, this is usually due to addons/controls installed in your browser due to sloppy user maintenance/browser navigation, go to your "manage addons" and disable all and just keep stuff like Flash,iSpell (thats all I keep for now).

If you install every addons a web suggests like (facebook apps/web printing/file uploads/blah blah blah) your browser will have to load all of those making your web experience slow.

If you want to set your IE8 to as close to factory defaults and start over clean (addons/controls) go to your top menu and select "Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab/RESET" ... clear all and start browsing again.

TO CONCLUDE:

The French Govt. saying to you should stop using IE7 and IE8 because of an exploit in a IE6 (unpatched) flawis like me stating that you should not buy any Ford car due to the Ford Pinto's flaw when hit from behind!

Yes! I'm comparing IE6 to a Ford Pinto! and so should you!

Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxy8

Well I see that firefox is why i can't log in at home. I had to use firefox so i could use this site on a mac, safari blew. i'll look into google and see if it works well with mac.

I believe from my past experience, is that your safari had problems loggin into this site because it has COOKIES DISABLED from its original state.

You must ENABLE cookies on safari and you shuld be fine after this.

Later versions of SAFARI might already have cookies enabled from its default state but im speculating at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News