CarKnee, please make the forums usable! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CarKnee, please make the forums usable!

Hi CarKnee,

I've been visiting your forums for a long time and I see that you never updated the forum software.
I use Google Chrome and the new version simply makes your forums unusable, because the extremly old software you use now.

There are many updates released for Community Forums, I know they are expensive. Why don't you switch to vBulletin? I can donate a license to you, I have 2 that I don't use. Now, I cannot even login... forget about regular browser usability like rich editor or thread subscriptions.

Regards,

Floren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Night Demon -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

Friends call me Floren, join the
group on Facebook
"If you are not sure, just open the throttle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: CarKnee, please make the forums usable!

My machines with IE 7 and the latest Mozilla all surf the forum just fine. I couln't log in the other day (first time that's happened in years), so I cleared my rswarrrior.com cookies and then all was fine.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Honestly, IE and Firefox eat memory like an elephant. Not to mention that Chrome is lighter and 100times faster...
Is likecomparingthe Warrior with... a scooter.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook

Old 08-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'll be happy do donate also. Haven't had a problem logging on but I am in the process of makingsome major hardware/software upgrades, and would like to help keep things as seamless as possible.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have not been able to get on the forum for several months. I tried to do a password recovery several times and it will not send me an email. I was tundra556. I gave up and made a new account. I cannot navigate the site very well,must not be compatible with my mobile service like other forums.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECK

Honestly, IE and Firefox eat memory like an elephant. Not to mention that Chrome is lighter and 100times faster...
Is likecomparingthe Warrior with... a scooter.

Chrome and IE take the password login fine...Firefox seems to be the application at fault at my end. When I enter my info and try to log in, I can't.

I like your comparison too, Teck!!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Only chrome I have is on the bike..I used to run opera mini, that doesn't work very well at all anymore because they have issues with the BB Bold..I can login and navigate but its a PITA.. I still haven't got an email from here going on week two..I don't know, I'm just a dumb truck driver...its a shame technology can't keep up with me..I would like to know if its just me or if the mods and admin are having the same problem and if they are, has it been addressed..if its not going to be addressed I will never be able to keep up with threads without email updates, and like I said in the other thread, I don't know what this BB is gonna do when they all decide to dump at once?? If I get into the threads I replied to and disable the email updates will I still get the thread updates to that point? Or will it cancel them all? If its a matter of money for upgrades then speak up, I would be more than happy to help. I could read updates via email, now I have to navigate thru the site to see if anyone has replied to my posts..I can't login with the BB web browser, so I have to use an old version of opera which in general is junk..any easier way to navigate mobile?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideD_45
Chrome and IE take the password login fine...Firefox seems to be the application at fault at my end. When I enter my info and try to log in, I can't.

You are not using the new Chrome Beta (6.0.x is really aswesome).

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook
Old 08-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideD_45

You are not using the new Chrome Beta (6.0.x is really aswesome).
I am now....thanx for the tip.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

If I download Chrome Beta do I have to get rid of Firefox,and IE.I use IE sometimes because Firefox seems to crash on me every now and again.And my video's start and stop all the time.Just didn't want to have to much stuff on my computer and slow it down more than it is now,and I want to still be able to get on the site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News