Site Migration - 12/31/2010 - Page 23 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #221 (permalink)

The images got fixed not long ago. You might need to refresh your browser to update them.

Welcome!
kaaihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #222 (permalink)

Default site comments

ya just did that it looks great seeing i own a black 2009 same as the one top left great job to all admin personel............
Midnight Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #223 (permalink)

Why is it that this is what I see on the computer at work? The top left bike is HALF a warrior and half v-star. On my computer at home the pics have never changed and still have V-Stars. What gives?

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/newa...manageattach&p=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1525  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
April 27th - May 4th
jdpark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robriguez View Post
press F5
Try this jd. Werkd fer me

parkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #225 (permalink)

If you're having troubles, it may actually be necessary to press Ctrl-F5 to see the updated images on the banner.

F5 refreshes the browser, same as opening the browser. It retrieves new content that changes frequently (discussion topics), but uses the cached content on your actual computer (banner photos, for example) for items that do not change often. The browser works this way to improve/decrease load times from the server somewhere in the NorthEast to my computer in Arizona.

Ctrl-F5, on the other hand, actually forces the browser to go out to the host server to retrieve all the html, images, stylesheets, etc. ignoring cached content already saved on your machine. It will take longer for the site to fully load, but you can be sure that you're looking at all the most recent content (and that's why it takes longer to load).

The other option, which will have the same result as pressing Ctrl-F5, is to manually clear the cache in your browser and then refresh the the webpage.

Last edited by papawheelie; 01-25-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: stuff and things
papawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #226 (permalink)

Well, just got home and looked at the site. Banner is all good now. Thanks!

April 27th - May 4th
jdpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #227 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Oops.

Today, I have to sign-in several times to stay signed-in. As soon as I click to go anywhere it goes to the sign-in screen with an error message 'not signed-in'. I discovered that I can 'refresh' the browser page then I see the normal pop-up alert for messages etc, and then I can see the new PM's. They don't appear unless I refresh the browser page. Pop-ups are correctly configured. Any ideas?

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Oops.

Today, I have to sign-in several times to stay signed-in. As soon as I click to go anywhere it goes to the sign-in screen with an error message 'not signed-in'. I discovered that I can 'refresh' the browser page then I see the normal pop-up alert for messages etc, and then I can see the new PM's. They don't appear unless I refresh the browser page. Pop-ups are correctly configured. Any ideas?
Clear all cache & cookies, then try again

SiRaDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #229 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Sorry I missed this. Yep I know about that, but that wasn't the trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRaDuDe View Post
Clear all cache & cookies, then try again

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #230 (permalink)

+1 for bringing the downloads back, or at least making them available for someone to host.

Bob
IndyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News