Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/)
-   Site News (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news/)
-   -   Lots O' Spam (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news/169522-lots-o-spam.html)

sangathor 01-02-2011 12:58 PM

Lots O' Spam
 
28 Attachment(s)
If you haven't noticed there is a lot more spamming going on with the new system. Until more restrictive measures are put in for new member registration (like email confirmations) we are probably going to continue to see this. I am removing and locking down these accounts as fast as I can find them. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to find them all. That's where you come in. Under every persons name in a post is a little exclamation point https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/imag...ons/report.gif just click on it and it will report the offending post directly to my email and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for your help

arizonawarrior 01-02-2011 01:14 PM

Oops, I accidently hit the https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/imag...ons/report.gif in reply to your post about spam . . .

Not Really! Just Kidding!

Seriously, this is handy to know. Thanks for attacking all the spam for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sangathor (Post 2172579)
If you haven't noticed there is a lot more spamming going on with the new system. Until more restrictive measures are put in for new member registration (like email confirmations) we are probably going to continue to see this. I am removing and locking down these accounts as fast as I can find them. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to find them all. That's where you come in. Under every persons name in a post is a little exclamation point https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/imag...ons/report.gif just click on it and it will report the offending post directly to my email and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for your help


07midnight57 01-02-2011 01:15 PM

No problem Sangathor, I got a virus from one of those spammers from the old site so I am all about helping be rid of them!!

At my tattoo forum for registration they have the: enter the messed up letters and numbers you see in the colored picture and then a simple math problem like 3+3=? and you have to input an answer into both question boxes before you can be a registered user. Would something along those lines be applicable for our registration?

sangathor 01-02-2011 01:26 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 07midnight57 (Post 2172583)
At my tattoo forum for registration they have the: enter the messed up letters and numbers you see in the colored picture and then a simple math problem like 3+3=? and you have to input an answer into both question boxes before you can be a registered user. Would something along those lines be applicable for our registration?

It sure would. I hope the people doing the conversion are listening.

07midnight57 01-02-2011 04:05 PM

Testing... I sent a report for a post here: Motorcycle Events - The Yamaha Road Star Warrior Forum there: forums/32-m...ycle-show.html

jdpark 01-02-2011 04:14 PM

Thanks Steve.

sangathor 01-02-2011 04:41 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 07midnight57 (Post 2172615)
Testing... I sent a report for a post here: Motorcycle Events - The Yamaha Road Star Warrior Forum there: forums/32-m...ycle-show.html

Yes I got it. It goes right to my email so no need to re-post here. I'm usually online a few times a day, so you have to give me a little time to get to them.

strud 01-02-2011 04:52 PM

Thanks Sangathor, spam ruins any site especially if it gets outahand

oldman 01-02-2011 08:08 PM

I clicked on the report button yesterday and he had the spam off of the forum almost immediately.:D

07midnight57 01-02-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sangathor (Post 2172624)
Yes I got it. It goes right to my email so no need to re-post here. I'm usually online a few times a day, so you have to give me a little time to get to them.

Yea I figured it wasn't instant, was just a heads up is all. Sorry if I seemed pushy...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.