Lots O' Spam - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Lots O' Spam

If you haven't noticed there is a lot more spamming going on with the new system. Until more restrictive measures are put in for new member registration (like email confirmations) we are probably going to continue to see this. I am removing and locking down these accounts as fast as I can find them. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to find them all. That's where you come in. Under every persons name in a post is a little exclamation point just click on it and it will report the offending post directly to my email and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for your help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Oops, I accidently hit the in reply to your post about spam . . .

Not Really! Just Kidding!

Seriously, this is handy to know. Thanks for attacking all the spam for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangathor View Post
If you haven't noticed there is a lot more spamming going on with the new system. Until more restrictive measures are put in for new member registration (like email confirmations) we are probably going to continue to see this. I am removing and locking down these accounts as fast as I can find them. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to find them all. That's where you come in. Under every persons name in a post is a little exclamation point just click on it and it will report the offending post directly to my email and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for your help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 01-02-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: cvb
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

No problem Sangathor, I got a virus from one of those spammers from the old site so I am all about helping be rid of them!!

At my tattoo forum for registration they have the: enter the messed up letters and numbers you see in the colored picture and then a simple math problem like 3+3=? and you have to input an answer into both question boxes before you can be a registered user. Would something along those lines be applicable for our registration?

Last edited by 07midnight57; 01-02-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: add on
07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07midnight57 View Post
At my tattoo forum for registration they have the: enter the messed up letters and numbers you see in the colored picture and then a simple math problem like 3+3=? and you have to input an answer into both question boxes before you can be a registered user. Would something along those lines be applicable for our registration?
It sure would. I hope the people doing the conversion are listening.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Testing... I sent a report for a post here: Motorcycle Events - The Yamaha Road Star Warrior Forum there: forums/32-m...ycle-show.html

Old 01-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Steve.

April 27th - May 4th
jdpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07midnight57 View Post
Testing... I sent a report for a post here: Motorcycle Events - The Yamaha Road Star Warrior Forum there: forums/32-m...ycle-show.html
Yes I got it. It goes right to my email so no need to re-post here. I'm usually online a few times a day, so you have to give me a little time to get to them.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Sangathor, spam ruins any site especially if it gets outahand
strud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I clicked on the report button yesterday and he had the spam off of the forum almost immediately.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangathor View Post
Yes I got it. It goes right to my email so no need to re-post here. I'm usually online a few times a day, so you have to give me a little time to get to them.
Yea I figured it wasn't instant, was just a heads up is all. Sorry if I seemed pushy...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News