Site Announcment - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Exclamation Site Announcment

RSWarrior.com Members:
As you all have noticed, on January 1st the format of RSWarrior.com had changed. With this change also came a change in the ownership of the site. RSWarrior.com is now owned and operated by Vertical Scope.

Most of you already know that I do not take part in the day-to-day operations of the site. I manage the back end stuff and pay the bills. Iíve been doing this since I started RSWarrior.com eight years ago.

My time has been less and less over the last few years and my ability to be actively involved has been tougher and tougher. This has made server/software enhancements take longer than they should and not happen as often as they should.

Vertical Scope is going to keep the domain on their server bank which should help with uptime and performance. The forums will continue to be run by the current moderators and the business/server side of the forum will be run by Vertical Scope.

A HUGE THANKS goes out to all the members and moderators for the support over the years. You are the ones who really kept the site running on a daily basis. Furthermore, we would like you all to continue doing the awesome job you all have been doing for years now to keep this site growing and keep our member base active.

Sincerely,
Sean Kearney
"CarKnee"
carknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

As you have read above, Verticalscope.com has come to an agreement with Sean and will now be the owners of rswarrior.com. We here at Verticalscope.com bring with us staff and resources to make this site grow by leaps and bounds. We provide the resources necessary to run this site and maintain the day to day technical and managerial tasks that are time consuming for one person.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and Sean to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

My name is Helena, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only Verticalscope.com member to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in rswarrior.com life.

Thank you all for reading.
Helena
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well Thank You Helena, and Verticalscope, and Carknee, and to everyone else that has made this site possible. I for one have made some good contacts here, gotten some terriffic deals and found ideas, feedback and info that I'd have probably never been able to get without it.
ketsco101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Thanks for all you have done for us Sean, it's been one helluva journey!

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketsco101 View Post
Well Thank You Helena, and Verticalscope, and Carknee, and to everyone else that has made this site possible. I for one have made some good contacts here, gotten some terriffic deals and found ideas, feedback and info that I'd have probably never been able to get without it.
+1 The site is a wealth of information. Only question I have at the present is as follows:

For those of us who have paid to get site vendor status of which there are two levels, will we get our Site Vendor banners back under our names/ avatar and for those with the more complete package will they also get their advertising back? I see a lot of progressive insurance ads and others but not our usual site vendors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

Last edited by christok; 01-24-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling
christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am grateful this place just exists. I have gotten so much knowledge and answered questions from here. Great job in the past and I am sure a great job in the future.
BillM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

I"m going to work with Sean and get site vendors banners back up.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sean, we haven't met, but I'd like to say thanks for creating this site. With the advice and instruction I've gotten from the members here, I'm less apprehensive about performing repairs and modifications to my baby. Thanks again, Doug

heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sean, thanks for all the effort you've put into this for all these years. It's been a great ride and hope the ride continues.
arwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Helena, I still don't have access to the moderator's only forum (neither do the other moderators) and have no way of directly contacting you or have heard from you or anyone from Vertical Scope yet.

sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News