Watch Your Signed-In Status - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Watch Your Signed-In Status

I was not logged-in yet and went to the HOME page as usual, and for some reason noticed my forum name listed in the already signed-in members (far right side). I double-checked and I wasn't signed-in.

The only other status item I could think to check is, well, if I'm signed-in, then where does the forum say I am surfing right now? But I had to sign-in to do that lol. So I signed-in and I noticed it look a lot longer than usual for the screen to come back up. So I looked at where the forum said I was surfing, and it wasn't where I was (or where I had just been).

So I logged out, and my status disappeared from the currently logged-in list on the HOME page, as it should.

I don't know why I noticed this. The only thing I can think is someone hacked my profile password, but logically who in their right mind would hack a forum password, is it even worth the energy?

So I don't know what happened or why it happened. But I changed my password anyway figuring it can't hurt.

I wonder what was going on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

From past experience working on forums the active users is usually a polled cycled over the last X amount of time. It also could have reported you signed in based on a cookie file.
rpone605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

I noticed it kicked me out and I had to sign back in. They might have done an upgrade to something.
daboy_57110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Did you check for pods?
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

it is the log out session time. Sometimes you stay logged in if you do not log out the last time, and since the long out session time is high, you stay logged in.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

yeah if i close out the site without logging out sometimes it shows im still on, I wouldnt worry about it.
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

I haven't logged in or out in forever. My computer stays on and I alway have at least one page on the forum opened.

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I haven't logged in or out in forever. My computer stays on and I alway have at least one page on the forum opened.
Same here.

sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News