Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/)
-   Site News (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news/)
-   -   Member Poll on Proposed 'For Trade' Forum (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news/182219-member-poll-proposed-trade-forum.html)

joeysmith 09-24-2012 10:14 AM

bump pull it poll i am done with it .

Streetlethal1000 09-24-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limotinted (Post 2333327)
Personally I just hit "new posts" when I come to this site so what forum stuff is posted in doesn't matter to me. But the problem with having too many forums (which we already do) is that it makes the site confusing and overwhelming for new users (which we need). The for sale forum is already a mess and should have one section removed to leave only "Bikes for sale" and "Parts and accessories for sale", there are now three sections which is redundant and leads to stuff being posting in the wrong place or missed by potential buyers.

If something is up for trade simply post "WTT". The problem is, as AZ touched on, nothing is truly for trade only. If someone has a belt guard they want to trade and I need it and offer them $50 they're going to sell it to me. One of the best things about the classified section on this site is that prices are required on everything and it's strictly enforced. I foresee people using the trade section as a work around for this because inevitably if something is posted for trade that someone needs there will be a post asking "how much?".

If anything I would like to see the site lose several forum sections that are somewhat redundant and become less bulky and easier for new users to find their way around and become active. My argument isn't so much against a "Trade forum" specifically, it's about not adding unnecessary or redundant forums that further confuse an already overly complicated site lay out. K.I.S.S.

As a new comer, This site is the most organized I have ever seen. The Moderators are so on top of everything its almost scary. You dont get much better then this guys. Honestly

If people want to find things, use the search.

arizonawarrior 09-24-2012 12:28 PM

Without a separate Trades forum lets see what happens: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/26-c...rd-thread.html

joeysmith 09-24-2012 12:32 PM

no just pull mine cuz we have all taken the time to see this one and any outher ones i talk about get put on hold . the outher day you stoped a thread cuz of this and now u go and post it ???????? WTH ....... ust pull this one cuz like you have sead no matter what happens this one wont go any where so just pull it

arizonawarrior 09-24-2012 12:57 PM

Joey,

If you are saying that you like the 'Pay it Forward' thread that's fine too: The 'Pay it Forward' Thread But let's allow this poll to run thru its Friday closing because there could be great information from other members yet to come. Plus I hate to remove the great conversation that is already here, and I hate to remove an entire thread where other guys might object to their posts being removed in the process. Hope you don't mind too much.

joeysmith 09-24-2012 01:11 PM

I understand that and agree with you on not deleting. It just sounds that the pay it forward thread is more confusing and I dont quite understand. It seems that is there is not much difference though from the swapshop and the pay it forward from what I am gathering. Every one is saying keep it simple and it seems that the pay it forward is not one that will be simple. I see what the pay it forward is going to be more arguing and members getting upset than the swapshop. Cuz if some one needs a part and they lose to someone because of a better deal is going to create more issues. I really could care less now of the way this poll goes. What's the point?

sangathor 09-24-2012 01:21 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Pay it forward is just a THREAD about giving away things you don't want, NOT TRADING. It is also NOT a new forum, it is simply a sticky thread in the classified forum. AZ put it back up after discussing it with me, so don't give him a hard time. If you don't like it, don't use it. You guys are making mountains out of mole hills as usual.

This particular poll is about a new forum specifically for trading (something that we can still do now, just not in a dedicated forum). That's it. Now you see why we've never started polls for this kind of stuff before and just did it by moderator committee. To [email protected] many sensitive bikers out there. I guess we need to go back to the way it's been working for the last 10 years and turn member polling off.

limotinted 09-24-2012 01:24 PM

I'd like to propose a poll on whether or not we should have more polls :D

sangathor 09-24-2012 01:32 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by limotinted (Post 2333997)

That's a poll I would participate in.:)

Sherriism 09-24-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limotinted (Post 2333997)

+1 Please

arizonawarrior 09-24-2012 02:10 PM

lmao

californiacruiser 09-24-2012 02:53 PM

If anyone needs a mountain constructed, please send mole hill. Two week turnaround though, we are very busy right now.

Gilly 09-24-2012 03:02 PM

This is as bad as trying to deal with musicians, and i are one.:D

jarv 09-24-2012 06:18 PM

WTT - just a suggestion....

Can't a "trade" post be flagged in the title description by starting the title "WTT" ? (as above)....

That way it would stand out at a glance from the other more conventional sale ads?

It would be obvious what it is - but could still be listed in the classified for sale section.

joeysmith 09-29-2012 02:33 PM

bump

arizonawarrior 09-30-2012 05:09 PM

[UPDATED]

Joey's Poll has now closed.

We agree there's enough interest in a separate Trades forum. I understand that some will need to 'click one extra time' if a new separate Trades forum is started, but the votes 'for' the separate forum seem to indicate that's okay for most members, so I've recommended we take it to the next level and work out the specifics.

What follows is NOT part of the Poll (which is closed there's no-place to click to vote) but just to keep everyone in the loop:
At Member request the new forum will be named 'Classifieds - Swap Shop' and will be for 'WTT' so no ads with WTS option.
The rules will be the same as the For Sale classifieds as applicable. For example: WTT-Only ads obviously need no price.
Yes, we will move the existing https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/26-c...rd-thread.html thread into it as a sticky.

Thanks to Joey for starting this and to everyone for bring-up the goods bads and uglies so the new forum is useable.

arizonawarrior 10-01-2012 04:55 PM

Thanks for Forum Admin's fast action, the Swap-Shop is open already!

Click to see Forum Title: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/81-marketplace/

Click to Enter Swap-Shop: Classifieds - Swap Shop - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

bulldog504 02-22-2013 08:21 PM

yes