Member Poll on Proposed 'For Trade' Forum - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

View Poll Results: you prefer a separate 'trade forum' or if you prefer to keep 'For Sale' and 'Trade'
yes 31 47.69%
no 22 33.85%
indifferent 12 18.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

I just think it would help find good stuff we all want and get ride of stuff we all trow away is all **** let's make a free spot thain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

You dont need to make a free spot. If you have something you want to give away and the majority of the members that have stuff they want to give away the put it up on the forum as a free item. No need to make things more difficult. I.e. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/52-w...fler-free.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce59 View Post
Seems to me that if you added a Trade forum it would just mean that you have to look in two places instead of one if you want something. Probably most people that are willing to trade something will take money for it and some that want money will take a trade --- so they will end up double posting, ... sounds like it will create more work and confusion....

I see more negatives than benefits here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfit View Post
I Agree..
Quote:
Originally Posted by limotinted View Post
Also agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandfw View Post
i would rather look in one place and have it in the title:
  • WTB (want to buy)
  • WTS (want to sell)
  • WTT (want to trade)
better management/ and cleaner forum, just my 2 cents
These guys have already said what i believe to be the most practice approach. The Forum topics aren't the issue; Members clearly posting what they are open to "trade" is. I certainly do not want to look in many places to see whats being offered... I want to open the forum, see whats "new" and maintain my awareness of what's out there. If I have some thing to sell/trade, I know that all i have to do is throw up my post, and all will find it as its the only place to post it. Having to coordinate this with multiple locations (did i read this one or that one...did i post my sale item here or there...??!?) would give me an irritation headache...

theres my $0.07 cents worth!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................

Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

may i suggest rewording the poll question:

would you like to add a separate 'Trade forum' category in the market place [click yes] or would you prefer to keep the current 'For Sale' and 'Wanted' categories only [click no]

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Old 09-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

one more question? before i voted, i was able to click "view pole results" and see who voted for which... now that i voted, i can only see the bar graph...where's that link to see how the poll evolves and who/how votes come in?

im nosy!

Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Click the number next to the bar graph

Old 09-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2LafMcc View Post
one more question? before i voted, i was able to click "view pole results" and see who voted for which... now that i voted, i can only see the bar graph...where's that link to see how the poll evolves and who/how votes come in?

im nosy!
I tend to agree -I even stated as much in his original thread. However, I don't see the harm in adding a swap shop thread, so I voted yes. If a bunch of members want it, and it doesn't affect my viewing experience (so to speak) then more power to them.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Here's a lovely assortment of cheeses to go with all the whine about having a trade section

You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtom421 View Post
Here's a lovely assortment of cheeses to go with all the whine about having a trade section
LOL the last thing this forum needs is more sections. We've got way too many already, stuff is constantly posted in the wrong section because they are confusing to new users. There is no need to further complicate our already screwy classified section. There is already a for sale section, a parts for sale, and a bikes for sale. So that's three, for what? There should only be two there to begin with. If you want to trade put it in the thread title so people don't have yet another section to try and keep up with. Simple problem= simple solution, why make it more complicated and unfriendly for new users than it needs to be?

Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #30 (permalink)

Duh.... cuz more is better!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News