Member Poll on Proposed 'For Trade' Forum - Page 4 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

View Poll Results: you prefer a separate 'trade forum' or if you prefer to keep 'For Sale' and 'Trade'
yes 31 47.69%
no 22 33.85%
indifferent 12 18.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limotinted View Post
LOL the last thing this forum needs is more sections. We've got way too many already, stuff is constantly posted in the wrong section because they are confusing to new users. There is no need to further complicate our already screwy classified section. There is already a for sale section, a parts for sale, and a bikes for sale. So that's three, for what? There should only be two there to begin with. If you want to trade put it in the thread title so people don't have yet another section to try and keep up with. Simple problem= simple solution, why make it more complicated and unfriendly for new users than it needs to be?
I completely agree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #32 (permalink)

bump
Old 09-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limotinted View Post
LOL the last thing this forum needs is more sections. We've got way too many already, stuff is constantly posted in the wrong section because they are confusing to new users. There is no need to further complicate our already screwy classified section. There is already a for sale section, a parts for sale, and a bikes for sale. So that's three, for what? There should only be two there to begin with. If you want to trade put it in the thread title so people don't have yet another section to try and keep up with. Simple problem= simple solution, why make it more complicated and unfriendly for new users than it needs to be?

Yep! I am sure I have posted something in the wrong place a time or many because all of the different places to post. I go by the old rule of KISS Keep It Simple Stupid!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #34 (permalink)

Not sure what kind of work this makes for the moderators and forum hosts but I think it is not a bad Idea yeah we have a forum for just about everything else.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfit View Post
Yep! I am sure I have posted something in the wrong place a time or many because all of the different places to post. I go by the old rule of KISS Keep It Simple Stupid!
No worries, we move them for you. It's practically a full time job at times.

If a new forum is what you guys really want, we will bug v-scope to make it happen. We'll be watching the voting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sangathor; 09-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #36 (permalink)

there is one other link i would like to have up for us. we are all like a big brotherhood . in some way like a big bike club. in most bike clubs there is a place for all their fallin' friends like a RIP or wall of honor. do to the resent loss of one of our own on monday last week i feel like we should have a spot for all of us to pay our respect to them. i would like to set a spot on our forum for our fallin' friends. i would like to make it where we all could help their families out with the hight cost of putting someone to rest. **** with all of us on here i think if we all gave a dollar to their families using paypal would help them out. what do yall think? it is just a thought. it is just another way to show are appreciation to the brotherhood we have all learned to love.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I think the 'Trade' forum idea has some traction with some members so I think we should keep this Poll going awhile longer and see if more members might post their helpful comments.

The other ideas being mixed-in here certainly have some traction too, but they are dragging the conversation away from this Poll topic. So after we resolve this task we can pick-up on the other ideas in separate Polls if you want. In the meantime someone might want to start a separate conversation topic about each one of those other ideas, but please hold off starting more Poll threads because a Poll needs a clear question to be asked and understanding the whole question 'from both sides' requires a conversation first!

I'm not wanting to direct traffic here, its not my Poll. But I know it will be helpful if the Poll information is useable for making decisions in this specific question. Is that cool?

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 09-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #38 (permalink)

Maybe we should have a separate forum for "Free" stuff too... So people won't get confused and try to pay...
Old 09-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2LafMcc View Post
These guys have already said what i believe to be the most practice approach. The Forum topics aren't the issue; Members clearly posting what they are open to "trade" is. I certainly do not want to look in many places to see whats being offered... I want to open the forum, see whats "new" and maintain my awareness of what's out there. If I have some thing to sell/trade, I know that all i have to do is throw up my post, and all will find it as its the only place to post it. Having to coordinate this with multiple locations (did i read this one or that one...did i post my sale item here or there...??!?) would give me an irritation headache...

theres my $0.07 cents worth!
I agree. Simple & Effective.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #40 (permalink)

There is not a lot of participation here.
I don't think it is prudent to let 50 or so members,( or 1/2 that) speak for a membership of thousands.
Hopefully you will look at the commentary and strength of the points made and not just numbers.
Only a random few have stumbled upon this thread.
Hopefully some uncommon sense will prevail here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News