Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/)
-   Site News (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news/)
-   -   Member Poll on Proposed 'For Trade' Forum (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news/182219-member-poll-proposed-trade-forum.html)

joeysmith 09-14-2012 07:39 PM

Member Poll on Proposed 'For Trade' Forum

Currently members who want to trade one motorcycle part for another motorcycle part use the For Sale classifieds where they also include a Price making it a 'For Sale or Trade' ad. This proposed alternative is to start a separate 'Trade' forum where members can offer items for trade without including a price, meaning no money changes hands its only trades. Note that any ad containing a price would still need to be in the For Sale forum as current.

This poll is to help determine how many would use a new 'For Trade' forum.
Your 'Yes' vote means you would use a 'Trade' forum and/or you like the idea of two separate forums.
Your 'No' vote means you would not use a 'Trade' forum and/or you like to view 'Sale' and 'Trade' ads in the same place.
An 'Indifferent' vote in this case is the same as a 'No' vote (the option can be ignored).

There is no promise or assurance this new Trade forum will be approved, but this information is needed to decide if the Moderators committee should look into it and develop the idea further.

joeysmith 09-14-2012 07:47 PM

Sorry, yes is for the seperate trade forum which will be called swap shop and no is for the way it is listed now ( 'For Sale' and 'Trade' )

joeysmith 09-14-2012 07:56 PM

can u help me post it right cuz i ant very good at it yet .

arizonawarrior 09-15-2012 01:58 AM

No problem bro, I edited your original post to present the suggestions from the other
post and then deleted that other post to avoid confusion. Does it look good-to-go?

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysmith (Post 2331300)
can u help me post it right cuz i ant very good at it yet .

LeaderDuece 09-15-2012 08:14 AM

599 Attachment(s)
Bump

jabo 09-15-2012 08:17 AM

Yes.

LeaderDuece 09-15-2012 08:20 AM

599 Attachment(s)
Jabo, you gotta click yes on the poll (I believe)...

If you did it while I was typing, sorry.... ;)

joeysmith 09-15-2012 02:41 PM

Looks good thank u so much

joeysmith 09-15-2012 07:38 PM

Bump

joeysmith 09-15-2012 10:48 PM

Bump

bruce59 09-16-2012 02:49 AM

Seems to me that if you added a Trade forum it would just mean that you have to look in two places instead of one if you want something. Probably most people that are willing to trade something will take money for it and some that want money will take a trade --- so they will end up double posting, ... sounds like it will create more work and confusion....

I see more negatives than benefits here. Might be nice to hear what others are thinking.

semperfit 09-16-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce59 (Post 2331589)
Seems to me that if you added a Trade forum it would just mean that you have to look in two places instead of one if you want something. Probably most people that are willing to trade something will take money for it and some that want money will take a trade --- so they will end up double posting, ... sounds like it will create more work and confusion....

I see more negatives than benefits here. Might be nice to hear what others are thinking.

I Agree..

limotinted 09-16-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Also agree

joeysmith 09-16-2012 09:59 AM

Well most of the swapping that would happen I would be for parts that most people would even think about that they want in the first place

arizonawarrior 09-16-2012 10:01 AM

I think I know what you mean but could you say that again in a different way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysmith (Post 2331618)
Well most of the swapping that would happen I would be for parts that most people would even think about that they want in the first place

joeysmith 09-16-2012 10:09 AM

Most of the swapping or trade that would happen I would be for parts that people in looking for or at 1. we're looking forward or the eventually looking they would come across things that they normally wouldn't find for sale

joeysmith 09-16-2012 10:11 AM

Crap my auto text on my phone ant working right sorry

Khandfw 09-16-2012 10:18 AM

i would rather look in one place and have it in the title
WTB (want to buy)
WTS (want to sell)
WTT (want to trade)

better management/ and cleaner forum, just my 2 cents

Yamatized 09-16-2012 10:25 AM

I could be wrong but it seems like a veiled attempt to skirt forum rules of posting a price. Anyone could offer a trade for an item listed for sale and anyone listing an item that would also be interested in a trade could say so in their add which includes a price per forum rules. After all, most of us would certainly be willing to trade certain items for cash;)

madtom421 09-16-2012 10:26 AM

373 Attachment(s)
I can't help but feel that the outcome of this vote isn't going to make much of a difference.

joeysmith 09-16-2012 10:46 AM

I just think it would help find good stuff we all want and get ride of stuff we all trow away is all **** let's make a free spot thain

semperfit 09-16-2012 12:06 PM

You dont need to make a free spot. If you have something you want to give away and the majority of the members that have stuff they want to give away the put it up on the forum as a free item. No need to make things more difficult. I.e. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/52-w...fler-free.html

Luv2LafMcc 09-16-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

I see more negatives than benefits here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by semperfit (Post 2331591)
I Agree..

Quote:

Originally Posted by limotinted (Post 2331615)
Also agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khandfw (Post 2331622)
i would rather look in one place and have it in the title:
  • WTB (want to buy)
  • WTS (want to sell)
  • WTT (want to trade)
better management/ and cleaner forum, just my 2 cents

These guys have already said what i believe to be the most practice approach. The Forum topics aren't the issue; Members clearly posting what they are open to "trade" is. I certainly do not want to look in many places to see whats being offered... I want to open the forum, see whats "new" and maintain my awareness of what's out there. If I have some thing to sell/trade, I know that all i have to do is throw up my post, and all will find it as its the only place to post it. Having to coordinate this with multiple locations (did i read this one or that one...did i post my sale item here or there...??!?) would give me an irritation headache...:mad:

theres my $0.07 cents worth!:D

Luv2LafMcc 09-16-2012 01:58 PM

may i suggest rewording the poll question:

would you like to add a separate 'Trade forum' category in the market place [click yes] or would you prefer to keep the current 'For Sale' and 'Wanted' categories only [click no]

Luv2LafMcc 09-16-2012 02:26 PM

one more question? before i voted, i was able to click "view pole results" and see who voted for which... now that i voted, i can only see the bar graph...where's that link to see how the poll evolves and who/how votes come in?

im nosy!

LeaderDuece 09-16-2012 02:47 PM

599 Attachment(s)
Click the number next to the bar graph

LeaderDuece 09-16-2012 02:49 PM

599 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2LafMcc (Post 2331674)
one more question? before i voted, i was able to click "view pole results" and see who voted for which... now that i voted, i can only see the bar graph...where's that link to see how the poll evolves and who/how votes come in?

im nosy!

I tend to agree -I even stated as much in his original thread. However, I don't see the harm in adding a swap shop thread, so I voted yes. If a bunch of members want it, and it doesn't affect my viewing experience (so to speak) then more power to them.

madtom421 09-16-2012 05:07 PM

373 Attachment(s)
http://en.citizendium.org/images/thu...eese_plate.jpg Here's a lovely assortment of cheeses to go with all the whine about having a trade section :)

limotinted 09-16-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtom421 (Post 2331695)
http://en.citizendium.org/images/thu...eese_plate.jpg Here's a lovely assortment of cheeses to go with all the whine about having a trade section :)

LOL the last thing this forum needs is more sections. We've got way too many already, stuff is constantly posted in the wrong section because they are confusing to new users. There is no need to further complicate our already screwy classified section. There is already a for sale section, a parts for sale, and a bikes for sale. So that's three, for what? There should only be two there to begin with. If you want to trade put it in the thread title so people don't have yet another section to try and keep up with. Simple problem= simple solution, why make it more complicated and unfriendly for new users than it needs to be?

LeaderDuece 09-16-2012 10:35 PM

599 Attachment(s)
Duh.... cuz more is better!!!!

idontknow 09-16-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limotinted (Post 2331705)
LOL the last thing this forum needs is more sections. We've got way too many already, stuff is constantly posted in the wrong section because they are confusing to new users. There is no need to further complicate our already screwy classified section. There is already a for sale section, a parts for sale, and a bikes for sale. So that's three, for what? There should only be two there to begin with. If you want to trade put it in the thread title so people don't have yet another section to try and keep up with. Simple problem= simple solution, why make it more complicated and unfriendly for new users than it needs to be?

I completely agree.

joeysmith 09-17-2012 12:43 AM

bump

semperfit 09-17-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limotinted (Post 2331705)

Yep! I am sure I have posted something in the wrong place a time or many because all of the different places to post. I go by the old rule of KISS Keep It Simple Stupid!:D

waydes 09-17-2012 01:18 PM

Not sure what kind of work this makes for the moderators and forum hosts but I think it is not a bad Idea yeah we have a forum for just about everything else.

sangathor 09-17-2012 02:05 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by semperfit (Post 2331762)
Yep! I am sure I have posted something in the wrong place a time or many because all of the different places to post. I go by the old rule of KISS Keep It Simple Stupid!:D

No worries, we move them for you. It's practically a full time job at times.:D

If a new forum is what you guys really want, we will bug v-scope to make it happen. We'll be watching the voting

joeysmith 09-17-2012 02:36 PM

there is one other link i would like to have up for us. we are all like a big brotherhood . in some way like a big bike club. in most bike clubs there is a place for all their fallin' friends like a RIP or wall of honor. do to the resent loss of one of our own on monday last week i feel like we should have a spot for all of us to pay our respect to them. i would like to set a spot on our forum for our fallin' friends. i would like to make it where we all could help their families out with the hight cost of putting someone to rest. **** with all of us on here i think if we all gave a dollar to their families using paypal would help them out. what do yall think? it is just a thought. it is just another way to show are appreciation to the brotherhood we have all learned to love.

arizonawarrior 09-17-2012 03:23 PM

I think the 'Trade' forum idea has some traction with some members so I think we should keep this Poll going awhile longer and see if more members might post their helpful comments.

The other ideas being mixed-in here certainly have some traction too, but they are dragging the conversation away from this Poll topic. So after we resolve this task we can pick-up on the other ideas in separate Polls if you want. In the meantime someone might want to start a separate conversation topic about each one of those other ideas, but please hold off starting more Poll threads because a Poll needs a clear question to be asked and understanding the whole question 'from both sides' requires a conversation first!

I'm not wanting to direct traffic here, its not my Poll. But I know it will be helpful if the Poll information is useable for making decisions in this specific question. Is that cool?

Williamd8656 09-17-2012 04:30 PM

Maybe we should have a separate forum for "Free" stuff too... So people won't get confused and try to pay... ;)

Sherriism 09-17-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2LafMcc (Post 2331667)
These guys have already said what i believe to be the most practice approach. The Forum topics aren't the issue; Members clearly posting what they are open to "trade" is. I certainly do not want to look in many places to see whats being offered... I want to open the forum, see whats "new" and maintain my awareness of what's out there. If I have some thing to sell/trade, I know that all i have to do is throw up my post, and all will find it as its the only place to post it. Having to coordinate this with multiple locations (did i read this one or that one...did i post my sale item here or there...??!?) would give me an irritation headache...:mad:

theres my $0.07 cents worth!:D

I agree. Simple & Effective.

bruce59 09-19-2012 05:13 AM

There is not a lot of participation here.
I don't think it is prudent to let 50 or so members,( or 1/2 that) speak for a membership of thousands.
Hopefully you will look at the commentary and strength of the points made and not just numbers.
Only a random few have stumbled upon this thread.
Hopefully some uncommon sense will prevail here.