RS Warrior Forum banner

Help needed on Ranking

8K views 98 replies 54 participants last post by  ohiomike 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions on how the ranking should be set up on this forum?

Currently it is set like this:<table>
<tr><td>Between</td><td>And</td><td>=</td></tr>
<tr><td>0</td><td>49</td><td>Squid</td></tr>
<tr><td>50</td><td>99</td><td>Rookie</td></tr>
<tr><td>100</td><td>499</td><td>Back Marker</td></tr>
<tr><td>500</td><td>999</td><td>Road Star</td></tr>
<tr><td>1000</td><td>1999</td><td> Road Star Fighter</td></tr>
<tr><td>2000</td><td>+</td><td>Road Star Warrior</td></tr>
</table>

Thanks!
CarKnee

2002 Indigo Warrior

#78 ·
Hey, Y'all are kickin,' keep up the good work. I am not sure what y'all are fussin' bout with that rating stuff, but if it helps others to ride safe and repair their bikes cheaply and conviently-- more power or rating to ya. I would check out your competitors though. Chinese proverb said: 'know yourself,...know your enemy.' Myself, I can't help but laugh. Seriously, this ain't no beauty contest compared to the world. Maybe you should do away with the competition for rating stars and seriously go about the business of providing help to the supporters and users of the site. I mean, How Long Is The RSW Going To Live? I would hazard to guess, not long enough for the membership to catch the attrition (or the next generation Harley turns into a Kawasaki)? Harley is a lucky SOB, he's lived longer than any Jap' or 'Merican bike out there, even with poor life cycle. Sincerely guys, don't alienate the hand that feeds your system. The marketing will pass too, probably before you've made a decision to react to your membership attrition.

#79 ·
Don't know what your talking about, this thread is almost 5 years old. It's still active so people can see the when they get their next star (a frequently asked question and a common element in all forums). I guess we stuck around for a while in spite of ourselves. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

#80 ·
I am not so sure I like the term 'Virago' because the definition is:

- a noisy or scolding or domineering woman
a large strong and aggressive woman

- Virago is a pejorative name for a verbally abusive and angry woman. It is derived from Latin virago, which means "resembling (-ago) a man (vir)" and was a positive word used to describe heroic females, usually in a mythological context.

- A woman regarded as noisy, scolding, or domineering. 2.A large, strong, courageous woman.

#81 ·
I have to admit, there are some better versions of Yami bikes out there that we could use to fill in our names, not even sure what the current ones are anymore, especially since there are some that seem to have custom names, once they qualified as RSW level.

But I do agree that some current verbage should be inserted.

How about the following?

0 - 49 ZUMA SCOOTER
50 - 99 V-STAR
100 - 499 V-MAX
500 - 999 ROADLINER
1000 - 1999 ROADSTAR
2000 - 2999 ROAD STAR WARRIOR
3000+ Custom name or remain Warrior

Opinions... What are the current naming conventions anyway? since they have changed since '02, right?

#84 ·
quote:Originally posted by kdmason

I am not so sure I like the term 'Virago' because the definition is:

- a noisy or scolding or domineering woman
a large strong and aggressive woman

- Virago is a pejorative name for a verbally abusive and angry woman. It is derived from Latin virago, which means "resembling (-ago) a man (vir)" and was a positive word used to describe heroic females, usually in a mythological context.

- A woman regarded as noisy, scolding, or domineering. 2.A large, strong, courageous woman.

or a model made by yamaha [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Dave

#88 ·
quote:Originally posted by kdmason

I can understand the whole 'earning' a new name and all, but then you will just get a bunch of people posting 'cool' or 'yea' just to earl a point. I ain't bitch'n about it, just making a point. Ya'll are really doing a helluva job with this site.

Nope, that's where we come in. If you constantly postwhore, Carknee will change your title to "Permanent Newbie" or something equally as flattering and set your post count to -1, permanently. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

#92 ·
quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

Once you get to 50 nothing else Matters.. I wish they would erace my daily post count average its kinda embarasing..

Wow 9.62, man you need to move someplace where you can spend more time riding.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

#93 ·
I recently found this.

quote:
Nope, that's where we come in. If you constantly postwhore, Carknee will change your title to "Permanent Newbie" or something equally as flattering and set your post count to -1, permanently.

Maybe this would apply to a certain Tall character who really likes the Welcome Forum!

#94 ·
quote:Originally posted by bore_pig

I recently found this.

quote:
Nope, that's where we come in. If you constantly postwhore, Carknee will change your title to "Permanent Newbie" or something equally as flattering and set your post count to -1, permanently.

Maybe this would apply to a certain Tall character who really likes the Welcome Forum!
been talking to another member here that has noticed the same thing, ratplem posted about it a few days ago and it got locked.i have no problem with members posting or chimming in after all this is a open forum but to constantly dig up topics that are several months old and commenting on issues that have long been resolved just makes it seem like you have way too much spare time on your hands as far as the welcome mat though i think its cool to give all of our newbies a warm welcome and to assure them this is a clean and well managed site

#95 ·
im still a newbie and i find it hard to read some topics when there are fifteen pages of "welcome to the forum" stuff. it takes forever to get to a meaningful response for the situation. but hey i still love this site, i have learned more than i could even want to here and it gave me MODFEVER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.