Exhaust Tones Sound Clips - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2002, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Exhaust Tones Sound Clips

CarKnee
There are always questions in the forum about exhaust pipes, which are best for performance/looks. Would it be possible to provide an area here (maybe in the gallery along side the picture of the bike) where people could upload a short (say 30 second) sound clip of their bikes exhuast tone at idle and "blipping" the throttle, maybe even a "drive by" sound clip. It would be great to be able to hear the difference a set of pipes or a slip on makes to the sound of the Warrior. It sure would help anyone looking to buy a new exhuast system.
Jim
EzGo_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2002, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: Exhaust Tones Sound Clips

As I am sure not many people will have the ability to get their pipes sound on the computer I will accpet the files via Email. I will then post them somehwere on the site. If the emails come in by the dozens, then I will automate the process.

However...
Dont some (or most) manufacturers provide this at their site? I know I have seen it somewhere.

CarKnee
carknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yeah, that would be cool. I would have to do a drive by in my bedroom, though. LOL

Actually all you would have to do is record it on a laptop, pda. If you don't have one of those (I don't)you could use a cassette or digital recorder and play it back in front of your computer while recording via open air. Not the best technique but it could be done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2002, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks CarKnee, I did concider the difficulties, and your right it may not be be possible to do, but it would be great if anyone or maybe a few guys could pull it off. Just a crazy Idea I had as I was reading the posts about various pipes. Thanks again.
Jim
EzGo_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News