9-11 Remembered - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to bigbear2592
Default Re: 9-11 Remembered

Cool! I was about to say hey whos that commie pinko?
bigbear2592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 07:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

No Sir, not I.....I served my country proudly as an Army Ranger for 6 years! No one man prouder than I of this great country.......

quote:Originally posted by bigbear2592

Cool! I was about to say hey whos that commie pinko?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

When did you serve and when did you do your ETS. Does the Name SSGT steve brandon ring a bell. He was a bad ass ranger.. and a good friend of mine, he was working the trail in 89 to 90....

Old 09-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

I think it boils down to the fact that the 9-11 remembrance was slightly hi-jacked off topic relating to proper flag etiquette.
RRUFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

I did my ets in 94 and served for 8 years... Back to the subject in hand I think we were close to that F^&ker when the seals got hit, in the mountains.
One shot, one kill, Rangers lead the way!!!!! HHHOOOAAAA!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

I was happy to catch the name reading of a friend of mine just as I had tuned in on the TV...Walter Weaver NYPD, ESU.....Never Forget.
markosd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

I was a 1SG. at Fort Knox 1st Training Bridgade C Troop 5/15 Cavalry finishing up my last 5 months before I retired. I'll never forget the looks on the faces of all those 18-19 year old trainees when I informed them of what happened, and that we were surely going to war.

I had just seen a replay of the first plane hitting....and I thought some dumb ass just wrecked his airplane into that building....what a damned idiot! Then, I seen the second one hit and I knew we were under attack. What a sick feeling I had in my stomach. I'll never forget it ever!

I spent 1 hour trying to figure out the best way to tell these Soldiers that their lives as well as all of America's had just changed forever! So I recorded it, and showed them the footage. I don't believe they even blinked during the 45 min. video presentation at Olive Theatre.

When I had the Troop formation after the presentation of the news and released them to their Drill Sergeants, I watched them march off and they seemed bigger, stronger than any group of young men I ever trained! They had their chests out and they were sounding off so very loud.... tears in their eyes.

All I could think about was how many would die in the months, years to come. Had I done my best to train them? Could I do any more? God... I pray I did.

Insert Image:

7.1 KB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TAKE THE TIME TO BE A DAD!

metrickkruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site News