Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

......... it's a $150 mistake that is going to force me to ride my VTX1300 for a week till I get the warrior back on the road......

Sounds to be a BIG problem .... hm.....a luxury problem, be honest .....
I hope you will solve this one soon.
Thommy_STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 10:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommy_STC View Post
......... it's a $150 mistake that is going to force me to ride my VTX1300 for a week till I get the warrior back on the road......

Sounds to be a BIG problem .... hm.....a luxury problem, be honest .....
I hope you will solve this one soon.
In USA we have a saying, "First World Problems". It's usually used to kinda bring people back to reality that their life really isn't as bad as it seems and they should just shut up and deal with their little issues a little better.

Example: A rich mother might say, "I got home thinking dinner was going to be ready for the family and the **** nanny forgot that I don't like mushrooms?!? She expected me to eat that? Ugh... I'm not eating mushrooms... "

To which the other person responds, "Wow. Sounds like you got some real first world problems there."

I just googled it and the definition of First World Problem is: a relatively trivial or minor problem or frustration (implying a contrast with serious problems such as those that may be experienced in the developing world).

Or, to quote the great Dennis Leary, "Life sucks. Buy a f***ing helmet."
DirtieGirtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Might be a good time to check front header bolts definitely do not not not not want them to seize up or snap off in there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

DG,

That is a freakin awesome description; "Hulk Smash!" You had me laughing my A$! off. And going to the range to use another tool would definitely be a good thing to do. I did not realize what bolt/stud/piece you were talking about until you attached the schematic. Truly sucks my friend. I too keep Partzilla's lights on so to speak. I keep a hoard of the OEM stuff as one can never have enough bench stock for the scoot!
Post up when you complete the task and maybe a pic of the outcome when you bring it to the range for some therapy?
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

@ DirtieGiertie: I got that from your post for sure .... luxury Problem is the 1:1 translation from the german saying .... with absolutely the same meaning ....

Take care and post pictures when ready
Thommy_STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Many thanks to madtom for selling me the exhaust pipe I needed. She's all back together and looking fine! (See Attached).

I'm very happy with how the Cora swept exhaust looks and sounds. Now I just need a nice day of nice weather to take her for a ride!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190411_051253418_1555031538398.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	214312  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtieGirtie View Post
Many thanks to madtom for selling me the exhaust pipe I needed. She's all back together and looking fine! (See Attached).

I'm very happy with how the Cora swept exhaust looks and sounds. Now I just need a nice day of nice weather to take her for a ride!
Looking good bud!
New_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

DG;

-Glad it all came together for you! You Sir, have a great looking ride!
The Cobra Speedster Swepts look great.
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

I took her for a nice ride today. I'm totally loving this exhaust. Got a better picture to do her Justice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190414_164059036_HDR_1555276517941.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	214358  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Items on eBay Craigslist and Similar