M/C Enterprises Sissy Bar with Pad for '02 & 03' - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default M/C Enterprises Sissy Bar with Pad for '02 & 03'

SOLD******************M/C Enterprises Sissy Bar with Pad

Used, but barely. Has been on my bike 3 times. LIKE NEW, but missing 1 bolt. I'm buying a new seat so I don't need it. Works with Stock, Corbin.... probably any seat. Will work with 2002 & 2003 Warriors. 2004 & up seats have different pillion mounting locations. I'll say $150 shipped, but am very open to offers.... nothing sexual!

Makes a great helmet rack! Great for trips to tie bags and what not to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

Last edited by HURD; 05-25-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: nunya mofos
HURD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why won't it work on an 04 and up? Are the fender bolts the same locations as 02
Old 05-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I found out with my 02 and 08 that the passenger seat is farther aft with the 04 and later (2 piece seat). The earlier design will mechanically fit on the later bikes, but the passenger would be smushed forward into the driver. Not comfortable even with those who you like "smushing" with .

The later mc enterprises sissy bar extends father aft of the fender stay bolts before the upward bend for the backrest.
b2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you. If it was an 04-up I would have bought it.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent1101 View Post
Thank you. If it was an 04-up I would have bought it.
pm sent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Still for sale. Like new, free shipping.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2002 View Post
I found out with my 02 and 08 that the passenger seat is farther aft with the 04 and later (2 piece seat). The earlier design will mechanically fit on the later bikes, but the passenger would be smushed forward into the driver. Not comfortable even with those who you like "smushing" with .

The later mc enterprises sissy bar extends father aft of the fender stay bolts before the upward bend for the backrest.
I have the MC Ent' sissy bar which I have used with a boulevard passenger seat on an 06 bike.... works fine.
I didn't experience any "smushing" - (darn it!) although my wife is small.
I didnt realise there were different models....I have no idea which one I have. As far as I was aware - they work with all years???

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for"
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv View Post
I have the MC Ent' sissy bar which I have used with a boulevard passenger seat on an 06 bike.... works fine.
I didn't experience any "smushing" - (darn it!) although my wife is small.
I didnt realise there were different models....I have no idea which one I have. As far as I was aware - they work with all years???
I have a 2002 and was running the 2004 Silver Hotrod Flames tank and fenders with my 02 stock seat. The difference between the 02 & 03, then 04 & up model is probably about 4" if I had to guess.

Here's an old pic that shows the difference. The plugged holes in the fender is where the 04 passenger pillion mounts. There is definitely a difference.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Crescent, if your picture shows the seat you are using, the 02-03 seat might work for you.

I have both versions of the mc sissy bar and just compared them. It looks like the later version moves the backrest aft about 2 inches further than the 02-03 model.

And, as far as "smushing" goes, it looks to me as if the 02-03 drivers will be tighter with a passenger than the 04 and up drivers no matter what with stock seats. The 04 and up design moves the passenger aft 2-4 inches (2 inches if you install the mc enterprises sissy bar, and up to 4 inches without it). The measurement from the top aft end of the fender to the aft end of the passenger seat is around 9 inches 04 and up and around 13 inches 02-03. The contiguous design of the 02-03 seat "starts" the passenger seat closer to the driver than the bigger, separate passenger seat of the 04s and up. Those newer seats are 2 inches wider too.

So, if the usable end of your passenger seat ends around 13" from the top end of your fender, get the older sissy bar. If your seat extends farther aft, go for the newer one.

Here are a few pictures (the installed sissy bar is the 02-03 model on an 02 bike...)

In this one, you can see how the 02-03 sissy bar lines up with the aft of the "shorter" 02 passenger seat. Due to the perspective of the camera, the 04 and up sissy bar in the foreground looks like it extends further than 2" more aft than the 02-03 model. It does not.

This shot shows the difference most accurately:

I had hoped to move the 02-03 mc enterprises sissy bar to my 08 Warrior, but found that it really doesn't work too well. I searched this forum for info and ended up calling mc enterprises because I had a hard time believing that the earlier design wouldn't fit the newer bikes. Hope this helps someone else trying to figure it out.
b2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

WOW! Great post man. That is so helpful. Who would have thought that someone would have both. My wife would love if the sissybar pushed her up closer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - For Sale > Warrior Parts and Accessories