Mirai Group Buy - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2LafMcc View Post
who makes the cables?
Here you go: Starter relay or electrical issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Has anyone purchased one of these batteries yet. and if so are they worth the money?
mayhemossf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

if anybody steps up to coordinate this, i'd be interested in a better battery.
iowawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to akitadog

I message them via FB and here is the response:

Thank you for contacting us! We can certainly arrange a group buy. We will give the buyers 20% off if 10 or more people are willing to purchase a battery. The regular price for the MLP-2112-C2 is $199.99, but the group buy price would be $160 (plus shipping).

As for charger/maintainer, you do not need a special charger for our batteries. in the winter months when you are not riding, we recommend the customers to disconnect all the wires to make sure nothing is drawing power form the battery. In the spring when you are ready to ride again, go ahead use a battery tender for half an hour to top it off, and that's all you have to do. Some tenders put out a higher voltage than lithium batteries, which could damage the cells. That's why we don't recommend you leaving it plugged in for a long period of time.

Traditional batteries lose about 20%-30% per month, but lithium batteries only lose about 1%-2% a month. Over the course of a year, lithium batteries only lose about 20%, so you really don't need a tender, but make sure nothing is draining the battery.
Hope I answered your questions, please feel free to contact us if you have other questions.

Thank you.
Mirai Powersports
562-567-3030
[email protected]

Spec on the MLP-2112-C2

Comparison
MLP-2112-C2 Length 150mm - 5.91in
Width 65mm - 2.56in
Height 93mm - 3.66in
Weight 930g - 2.05lbs
Capacity 21Ah
Cold Crank Rating at 0F: 325 CCA

YT14B-BS Length 150mm - 5.91in
Width 70mm - 2.76in
Height
145mm - 5.71in
Weight
5360g - 11.80lbs
Capacity
12Ah
Cold Crank Rating at 0F:
210 CCA

You save 9.75 pounds and gain 115 CCA by opting for this replacement model.

So we would need 10 people to place an order from the site to get the group buy price?

Mark

Last edited by akitadog; 02-12-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: ?
akitadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Next thing you need is a member here to volunteer to head the Group Buy. Then this thead can be relocated into the Group Buy forum no worries don't have to start over.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

why the changes? Alans show price was 130..the larger cca was 20 more. thats 150. Alans email from them stated 5 members would get the show price but akitadogs correspondence say 10 members and 160? Im in either way..wish i could dedicate the time to do this..sorry, and i owe a beer to the guy that does.., maybe its as simple as calling them after we get 10 guys together and them just giving us a code or something...

parkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

yeah, i was going by alanh's quote and thought it might be even cheaper. i'm not interested in 160.00 plus shipping so i'm out.
iowawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to akitadog

I questioned the group buy quantity of 10 verses 5 and the responded as follows:

I truly apologize for the confusion, it should be a minimum of 10 pieces for group buy.

The best price would be 20% off, depending what kind of battery you need, you could save up to $50.

Compared to the Shorai batteries, our batteries have stronger terminals, they are solid brass. Also we have the unique dual terminal design, you can connect one set of the terminals to the bike, and use the other set for accessories, so it's very convenient. Also we are at a lower price point than Shorai.

Once again, I am sorry for the confusion. If there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know. Thank you and have a great day.

Mirai Powersports
[email protected]
562-567-3030

So in short I don't see 10 people interested in these batteries, so I will probably just purchase another YUSA battery. My stock battery is now at 7 1/2" years old and still going. The YUSA sells right around $95 compared to $200 for the Mirai.

Mark

akitadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm in...where do we we buy from, and will they ship to Canada?
SuicideD_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Arrow

Mark,
It was my understanding that a LIKE on Facebook entitled that person to the IMS discount and didn't require a group buy. The 255cca was 130.00 & 325cca 150.00 + tax & shipping if applicable.

It is not my intent to interfere here as i've made that very clear in the OP. I would suggest someone call up and speak to Kim or send her a url to this conversation

good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadog View Post
I questioned the group buy quantity of 10 verses 5 and the responded as follows:

I truly apologize for the confusion, it should be a minimum of 10 pieces for group buy.

The best price would be 20% off, depending what kind of battery you need, you could save up to $50.

Compared to the Shorai batteries, our batteries have stronger terminals, they are solid brass. Also we have the unique dual terminal design, you can connect one set of the terminals to the bike, and use the other set for accessories, so it's very convenient. Also we are at a lower price point than Shorai.

Once again, I am sorry for the confusion. If there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know. Thank you and have a great day.

Mirai Powersports
[email protected]
562-567-3030

So in short I don't see 10 people interested in these batteries, so I will probably just purchase another YUSA battery. My stock battery is now at 7 1/2" years old and still going. The YUSA sells right around $95 compared to $200 for the Mirai.

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Member Discounts