MotorSportsSuperStore.com (Site Sponsor) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default MotorSportsSuperStore.com (Site Sponsor)

Before I get started let me introduce myself for those who may not know me. My name is Scott Robertson and I am the General Manager of Yamaha of Hamilton (MotorSportsSuperStore.com). I have been with the company almost since the beginning a little over 7 years ago.

As many of you know we have sponsored RSWarrior.com for over 3 years now. Our commitment to this website remains strong thanks to a strong following of many of the members who are apart of this website. I've watched this website grow and I really believe that it is a top notch site.

As many of you know Richie, a long time parts manager of ours, is no longer with our company. Richie now works at a local auto parts store here in Hamilton. Having said that we have hired a new man to take that position named Ike Strawbridge. Ike is from Tupelo MS and comes from an automotive background much like Richie did and much like myself.

I'll be honest. When we first made this move we had to clean up a few areas in our dealership, we had to learn a new system, & we had to fix some problems. In short we were in a bit of a mess for a little while. All the while our goal was to make things better by getting things more organized and we have. Right now I am handling all the orders that come into our website. I am handling just about every aspect of that order except for actually boxing the item up and printing the UPS label. Also, though we encourage ordering through the website for various reasons, I am handling the bulk of the call in orders that you place.

We have an all new parts team. At this time if you call in you'll be better served by talking to Ike or myself as we are training 2 new guys. If fact they are supposed to turn any calls about online orders or if the words "RSWarrior.com" are even mentioned. Course this is only temporary. They'll just need a month or so before they are rolling like we need them to be.

Our deal is the same as when Richie was with us. Most everything on the site is 15% off. An order of $50 or more gets $5.95 shipping to anywhere in the continental USA. Unfortunately we did have to stop shipping overseas and there are multiple reasons for that. I can go into that further if someone wants me to. Any order under $50 will still get the 15% off but we have to charge $9.95 shipping.

***Please mention that you are an RSWarrior member if you are ordering a hard part from the fishe finder located on the website. There is no ability for us to discount those items on the site at this time but we will do so for RSWarrior members!!***

I have never made a post on the website but I will try to reply to any questions that anyone has. At this time you should not see any difference in the level of service we used to provide unless it is better as we have made some organizational changes within our store. Ike has been instrumental in implementing these changes.

I am SORRY for the long post but I felt that it was necessary to better explain the situation all at once. Again we appreciate your passed business. We really look forward to working with everyone now and in the future. Please feel free to call me @ 1-888-880-2277 or email [email protected]. Also Ike can be reached at the same phone number and his email address is [email protected].

The members of RSWarrior.com have been good to us. Again I want to say that we are committed to having the best inventory, best people, & most importantly - the best SERVICE!

MotorSportsSuperStore.com
Yamaha-Suzuki of Hamilton
Scott / General Manager
rolltideroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: MotorSportsSuperStore.com (Site Sponsor)

Scott, welcome to the site and very many thanks for letting us know the state of play with the MotorSportsSuperStore. There have clearly been some concerns with your store since Richie left and this communication goes some way to explaining the reasons for this.

quote:Originally posted by rolltideroll

Unfortunately we did have to stop shipping overseas and there are multiple reasons for that. I can go into that further if someone wants me to.

I am one of your overseas customers (UK) who has very much enjoyed dealing with your company for a number of years now. As I am sure you are aware, Star Parts are extemely difficult to source in the UK and very few USA based stores are prepared to ship international because of fraud and theft of items while in transit. This made the MotorSports SuperStore a real 'find' for some of us and also gave us the opportunity to support our Site Sponsor.

I placed an order with you some months ago online (as I had always done) yet I was not invoiced, after a few weeks I sent an email asking about the order but I did not receive any reply. I only subsequently found out from another member on this site that you were no longer prepared to ship international once he had called from the USA and spoke to one of your sales people. Having been a loyal customer of yours for a while now, I feel somewhat cheated that you are no longer prepared to deal with me.

I'm sure that there are good reasons for your decision not to ship international but please consider that there are many overseas members of RSWarrior.com who would wish to send their business your way. I'd like to think that most of us are honest and upstanding citizens and most of us would be prepared to pay for shipping insurance for high value orders to cover the order in case of theft.

Most grateful for your thoughts on this Scott and thanks again for being a loyal supporter of RSWarrior.com.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brit_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Scott,

In furtherance to the above. A few weeks back I placed an order for a friend in the UK. At the time I asked if I could pay for the parts but have you guys ship to the UK. The answer was 'sure no problem.' A few days later I heard nothing back from your shop. I then rang up to find out what happened but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. It turns out that the decision to ship to the UK had been over ruled and my order was tossed out. I had to place the order again because no one could find my original order slip.

Not shipping to the UK is a business decision you needed to make, but not getting back to people and or throwing the order out is what gets us a bit crazy.

The lack of follow through when it comes to these types of issues is what makes most people unhappy.

That said, thanks for the post, it is obvious you are on top of this, and let's hope all the issue are behinds us.

Thanks

adam
xenarchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Scott, just wanted to add in my 2 cents. I've ordered a few things from you guys and everything has arrived in a timely fashion and has been for the most part, without incident. The only problem I had was with a discount but that was easily remedied once I called back and the difference was refunded to my credit card.

I will continue to use you guys to order my yammi parts because for one, you come here and post the above further proving your commitment to rswarrior.com members.

Thanks for all you do for us,

Colin
elloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to bigbear2592

I've been a customer of yours for quite some time and will continue to be. It was very nice of you to drop a post on this site to formally introduce your self and to give a explination of the state of your business. I myself appreciate your post. Thanks!
bigbear2592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi Scott

I also have been one of your UK customers in the past and was hoping to continue that business relationship. I have also been recommending you to fellow Yamaha Star riders in the UK as a company that has given a good service to some of us.

Could you possibly offer an explanation of your reasoning behind not supplying the UK anymore.

Thanks in anticipation
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Welcome Scott. Last week I ordered a right turn signal (oem part) and a lower cowl for my '03 Warrior on Monday May 1st. I spoke to you and you told me you did not have them on hand but you'd have them in 3 days and send them out to my house which I'd receive in 4-5 days. I called Thursday, you told me you received them that day and they'd be shipped out Friday, May 5th. I got my e-mail from you giving me the tracking # on Friday. I got my box today, Tuesday May 9th, at 2pm. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT SERVICE! [[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]] One tip, tell your shipping department to really protect the stuff in the box. UPS handed my box to me with 2 sides smashed in like something heavy was on top of it and it actually bent the box my turnsignal was in.[:0] Thank god the cowl and the signal were both unharmed though! [[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]][[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]] Thanks again Scott! I'll order from ya again!
DeathStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

First of all let me say I appreciate the comments & emails that I have gotten today.

Concerning shipping to the UK. I went back and looked at what it usually cost us to ship an item US Mail. It never was less than $22 and was as much as $49. To my surprise we did not charge any additional shipping and basically ate the extra shipping. Folks we were losing our tails doing this. Course everyone knows that it takes a lot more to process an order of this nature (customs forms, delivery to the PO, etc.). In the past we just didn't have enough manpower to handle this extra load. Also we have had some credit card issues.

I've gotten with Ike & here's what we are thinking & I am looking for some feedback. We need to get a minimum order of $250 (after the 15% discount) and a flat $35 for the shipping. Keep in mind that some items simply can not be shipped such as the popular MegaCone exhaust pipes. We would try to do "actual" shipping but the problem with that is getting the approval after we receive the order in. Also these orders would have to be paid via PayPal. I can not stress enough to everyone the amount of problems we have had with overseas credit cards.

Having said all that....What do y'all think? I really want some feedback here so we can go forward with this and try something.

Scott / 1-888-880-2277
MotorSportsSuperStore.com
rolltideroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by rolltideroll

What do y'all think? I really want some feedback here so we can go forward with this and try something.

Scott, that is a very generous reconsideration of your position regarding international sales and I fully understand your business position.

I agree entirely with the Paypal payment option, this goes a long way to defeat some forms of Credit Card Fraud and international Credit Card complications.

The minimum order of $250 will be tough for some members but we could possibly explore the option of combining an order with members from the same country in order to get up to the minimum limit, some of us have certainly discussed this outside of the Forums before.

As to shipping & handling, a flat $35 is once again a fair price to pay. You could of course review this after a few orders to ensure that the international orders are averaging out.

May I just add the importance of good packaging when shipping international orders. This was mentioned by Deathstar and I have also had parts arrive from the USA damaged because of poor packaging. Personally I would be prepared to pay extra for better packaging and the peace of mind that I am not going to have to send a damaged part back to the USA because of a lack of attention during the packaging procedure.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and Ike publicly for engaging in this discussion, it would have been easy for you to say 'no' and then turn away but you appear to be working hard towards a compromise and for this, we are extremely grateful. With many thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brit_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Here in Sweden on our forum there has also been discussions of doing group buying, there has been at least 1 done from a firm in USA so far. If I remember right, members of our forum has bought from you earlier and were pleased with the way it worked as well as the prices and got disappointed when it was announced "no more overseas shipping". Guess this thread will be met with interest from our members!
swederswrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Member Discounts