New Wicked Bros Exhaust Info. - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: New Wicked Bros Exhaust Info. "GROUP BUY"

I agree-I'd like to see the foot clearance on #3 as well. It looks pretty tight as is with one pipe not considering two down there.....
another thought about the gb if wild bros does not come thru is to try pipe city....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Just got a response from Megan at www.pipecity.com here is what she had to say:

Funny you should ask about Wicked Brothers.

They've been producing custom Harley exhausts for about 5 years here in AZ. They are the exclusive exhaust manufacturer for several of the bike builders. We approached them last year to develop a Metric Line. Ron (owner of pipecity) has been consulting with them on the different options, styling and performance. All styles have been tested and designed on the dyno and they see some great horsepower gains. I will see if Ron has the dyno charts. They include heat shields and baffles which on some models are removable . They are available in Black and Chrome. The Warlocks will only work with an aftermarket air kit due to clearance of the front pipe. I should have some pictures very soon of them mounted on the bike. I will forward you one.

We are really excited and proud of the Wicked Brothers Exhausts for the Metric Bikes.

Talk to you soon!!!!!
Megan Dible
Orders Coordinator
Pipe City
Old 01-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

Well it is all sounding good so far! We do need to find out which ones have the removeable baffles as well. It would be great to see some actual dyno numbers for each of these pipes.

Doug did say that Pipecity.com and Thundermfg.com are the two distributors for their pipes.

quote:Originally posted by mowrer7

Just got a response from Megan at www.pipecity.com here is what she had to say:

Funny you should ask about Wicked Brothers.

They've been producing custom Harley exhausts for about 5 years here in AZ. They are the exclusive exhaust manufacturer for several of the bike builders. We approached them last year to develop a Metric Line. Ron (owner of pipecity) has been consulting with them on the different options, styling and performance. All styles have been tested and designed on the dyno and they see some great horsepower gains. I will see if Ron has the dyno charts. They include heat shields and baffles which on some models are removable . They are available in Black and Chrome. The Warlocks will only work with an aftermarket air kit due to clearance of the front pipe. I should have some pictures very soon of them mounted on the bike. I will forward you one.

We are really excited and proud of the Wicked Brothers Exhausts for the Metric Bikes.

Talk to you soon!!!!!
Megan Dible
Orders Coordinator
Pipe City

Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

my buddy CrumbTray here photoshopped this for me....I think there might be clearance issues if not near the foot control then the bend closest to the ground looks like it may scrape..

Anyone photoshop #1 onto a Warrior yet?

Insert Image:

62.63 KB
Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

my buddy CrumbTray here photoshopped this for me....

Insert Image:

62.63*KB

Interesting
Old 01-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #26 (permalink)

That does look pretty sick. i dont kow if its enough to give up my current pipes or not. I guess it depends on what kind of price we can get.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

my buddy CrumbTray here photoshopped this for me....I think there might be clearance issues if not near the foot control then the bend closest to the ground looks like it may scrape..

Anyone photoshop #1 onto a Warrior yet?

Insert Image:

62.63 KB

hey Thom, I'm thinking that foot control clearance issue might be helped or made less of an issue if they are mounted on bikes that have either forward controls or the control extensions...what do you think?

Dan

PS: I have to say that the upswept pipe really goes with the angle of your
rear fender in the 'test" photo...although I wouldn't go with that pipe if they were made available, it really suits your bike. I'd go with the 2 - 1 along the swingarm for mine I think. I can imagine the sound would be incredible though...maybe even better than the Speedstar or the Propipe!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

Thom how do you guy's do all these amazine trick pic on here, if thatis what the #3 are gonna look like, I know I want a set![[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]] wish I could just post mod's on here much less put pipes on the left side of the warrior like mike or Vect[[img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img])]r ...about the pipes, if thundermonsterbaffles cor. is carring that wicked line of pipes they may do a group buy for us seeing that a bunch of us are using their baffles as well...
Old 01-31-2008, 08:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

good point Wailen, that's another avenue we can check...

Dan - you may be right on the extensions, but the part where it is near the foot control will have 2 pipes side by side on this model![:0] It doesn't merge into 1 until the 7 o'clock position from cam cover center...
I also think the bottom most part of the pipe may scrape on right handers...I just got my suspension set up right so my Rineharts don't scrape...[[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]]

Man, it's really different and I like it, but it's hard to tell if it will be a problem...it would be great if they can really install it on a Warrior and take some real pics...

#1 is a safe bet, but looks a little more "typical" of exhausts. If one can make #3 work, that would sure to be a unique set of pipes on the Warrior....
Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Those are all pretty nice especially #3. How's the performance rated?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Member Discounts