Borla Exhaust For RS Warrior? - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: Borla Exhaust For RS Warrior?

"just out of
curiosity...do you know something about production of the warrior that
we dont? The warrior is no longer being sold in the US so doesnt that
really limit your market?

oh and I have always heard that borla made a very good exhaust but it
has also always been out of my price range. (for cars)

I currently have V&H bigshots"

I bought the Warrior because I like it, not for any other reason. In fact, I really like it. With one exception, the exhaust note (or lack thereof) and the bazooka/club looking muffler. Problem is, I'm in the exhaust design business so I can't bring myself to using a competitors system (I hope you understand lol) and I enjoy developing exhaust so we are going to build at least one. Meanwhile, we still get numerous calls for motorcycle exhaust systems that we designed years ago, and the Borla family loves to ride, so we've had aspirations of returning to the motorcycle exhaust arena for quite some time. This just seems like the right place to start. Perfect opportunity for us to get back into developing motorcycle
exhaust. Maybe we'll build something cool and different that others will want also? We have the experience, patented technology and love for motorcycles but we need to hear from you guys about what you're looking for and what's needed. I hope this makes sense.....

Thanks for the kind words!
davidborla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say some short, loud header pipes, would be great to see. I like the style of the morton executioners but they are a little too long. Heres what I'm thinking.

Or even like this, my biggest beef with my sampsons is scrubbin the tips, no friggin clearance at all, especially lowered .

Seems like most of the 2-2 pipes are all straight, the exception v&h 2-2 big radius, but I don't really care for them either.

Good luck with the creation process, cant wait to see some pics.
dano102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidborla

Hi,

This is David Borla from Borla Exhaust (www.borla.com). I just bought an RS Warrior but the stock exhaust is too cumbersome and quiet for my taste. At one time, a few years back, Borla built some motorcycle exhaust systems that were very well received and we're looking at getting back into cycle exhaust again. Obviously, my Warrior is a great place for us to start (and I couldn't bring myself to using a competitors product) so we are going to use my bike as a "guinea pig" and develop at least one exhaust system if not more.I understand that the market for warrior exhaust is quite saturated and probably doesn't need another player but we would like to get an idea of where the market has gone and how it's changed since we were last involved. Any feedback you guys could give me regarding what you like and don't like about what's already on the market, what you'd like to see that isn't available and anything else you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any other questions about Borla or exhaust in general, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Cheers

Hello David

If Borla made exhausts for our bikes, you'd most likely have a plethora of takers. Just saying, the Borla reputation is pretty good in the automotive world (HINT: 1992 Nissan Pathfinder needs exhaust as well) and most likely would translate very well into our little world. Your drawing for the proposed pipes looks very interesting, by the way.

Maybe something in the two into two version(with crossover chamber) for the guys that want a louder exhaust but still get decent performance from their dollars. But like I said before, the 2 into one design you posted looks awesome as well. I'm sure with the right baffling it would sound as good!

I'd be interested in Borla for my Warrior, whatever style you decide to market.

Dan
SuicideD_45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

I second that ^^^
ALPHA_XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

This is a must read post about the Big Radius 2-1that PEP (member)designed for the warrior. Vance and Hines jerked him around for a long time with no results. If you want interest read this post. https://rswarrior.com/forums/t/116568.aspx?PageIndex=1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice

Welcome to the forum!

If you make a Radius 2-1 performance pipe for the Warrior, you will be everone's best friend!

Something like this:

I drew these for set of custom pipes, but never got them made. It would be ideal to have full coverage heatshields for the headers, and to eliminate the flange where the collector fastens to the merger. Ideally, they would be 1-3/4" headers into the merger. Also, you'd do well to offer chrome and ceramic coated black pipes for the Warrior. There are alot of midnight riders.

+1,000,000

+1000000000000000 I would kill for one of those!

In black of course
2009Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

I have a pro-pipe currently, and like it. It would take a pretty special exhaust to make me switch, but there is definately potential. It would have to be a 2 into 1, it would have to have enough ground clearance toallow the peg to touch beforethe exhaust on a lowered Warrior, but still allow me to use my throw over bags. It would have to be much more stylish than any current2 into 1 (see V&H big radius), and it would definately have to be black. At that point, keep it under $600 and I'll have the money ready.
dragstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

I'm currently in the market to replace my stock exhaust, and have been waffling because what I truly want is the V&H Big Radius 2-1, but it just doesn't exist for our bike. If you decide to make that, and in black, I will buy one. As long as you don't tell me it's still a year away ;o)
kaaihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Hi,

This is David Borla from Borla Exhaust (www.borla.com). I just bought an RS Warrior but the stock exhaust is too cumbersome and quiet for my taste. At one time, a few years back, Borla built some motorcycle exhaust systems that were very well received and we're looking at getting back into cycle exhaust again. Obviously, my Warrior is a great place for us to start (and I couldn't bring myself to using a competitors product) so we are going to use my bike as a "guinea pig" and develop at least one exhaust system if not more.I understand that the market for warrior exhaust is quite saturated and probably doesn't need another player but we would like to get an idea of where the market has gone and how it's changed since we were last involved. Any feedback you guys could give me regarding what you like and don't like about what's already on the market, what you'd like to see that isn't available and anything else you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any other questions about Borla or exhaust in general, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Cheers

Dave, Welcome.

FirstI have to tell you I love your product!! I have used your exhaust on my 1995 Impala SS and my 2008 JEEP SRT8. Great looks, fit, sound, performance and didI say sound yet? My SRT8 ( S model) gets complements daily on its sound. So with that said, IMHO it MUST sound good!! Out perform any other exhaust and look good doing it.

I have a 2004 Warrior with a Stage IV Speed Star kit and took off the Speed Star pipe because I like the sound of the Rinehart pipes better. The Speed Star's performed better but just didn't have the right sound for me.

So Dave, build the baddest, loudest, best looking, best performing pipe you can.

Thanks,

Bob

33489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:

"just out of curiosity...do you know something about production of the warrior that we dont? The warrior is no longer being sold in the US so doesnt that really limit your market?

oh and I have always heard that borla made a very good exhaust but it has also always been out of my price range. (for cars)

I currently have V&H bigshots"

I bought the Warrior because I like it, not for any other reason. In fact, I really like it. With one exception, the exhaust note (or lack thereof) and the bazooka/club looking muffler. Problem is, I'm in the exhaust design business so I can't bring myself to using a competitors system (I hope you understand lol) and I enjoy developing exhaust so we are going to build at least one. Meanwhile, we still get numerous calls for motorcycle exhaust systems that we designed years ago, and the Borla family loves to ride, so we've had aspirations of returning to the motorcycle exhaust arena for quite some time. This just seems like the right place to start. Perfect opportunity for us to get back into developing motorcycle exhaust. Maybe we'll build something cool and different that others will want also? We have the experience, patented technology and love for motorcycles but we need to hear from you guys about what you're looking for and what's needed. I hope this makes sense.....

Thanks for the kind words!

Congrats on your purchase of a fine motorcycle and your decision to persue themotorcycle performanceexhaust market. Borla has a great reputation for adding power to cars with your cat back system. My advice would be to design a 2-1 system that has a throaty sound and adds optimal HP/Torque gains. Fortunately, I believe you have an open market building exhaust for Yamaha top end cuisers like the Liner series and the Raider. Also, with HD owners being more affluent than 20 years ago, and Borla having the reputaion that they do, you would most certainly kill in the HD market as well.

"If you build it, they will come!"
07midnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Vendors > Borla Exhaust