Borla Exhaust For RS Warrior? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Borla Exhaust For RS Warrior?

Hi,

This is David Borla from Borla Exhaust (www.borla.com). I just bought an RS Warrior but the stock exhaust is too cumbersome and quiet for my taste. At one time, a few years back, Borla built some motorcycle exhaust systems that were very well received and we're looking at getting back into cycle exhaust again. Obviously, my Warrior is a great place for us to start (and I couldn't bring myself to using a competitors product) so we are going to use my bike as a "guinea pig" and develop at least one exhaust system if not more.I understand that the market for warrior exhaust is quite saturated and probably doesn't need another player but we would like to get an idea of where the market has gone and how it's changed since we were last involved. Any feedback you guys could give me regarding what you like and don't like about what's already on the market, what you'd like to see that isn't available and anything else you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any other questions about Borla or exhaust in general, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Cheers
davidborla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Borla Exhaust For RS Warrior?

What I think many would like to see available is the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-1 made for the Warrior. V&H has decided not to make it for the Warrior. I'm fairly sure you would have some definite orders if you made a quality similar style exhaust.

Others that have been more active for longer than I have I'm sure will also chime in.
kaaihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

i would like a louder exhaust. i know loud doesnt equal performance but i just cant get my bike to idle loud. my harley is a twin and it idles much louder than my warrior. i dont like that
evilrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust on your Warrior currently? Or are you talking about the stock exhaust?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum!

If you make a Radius 2-1 performance pipe for the Warrior, you will be everone's best friend!

Something like this:

I drew these for set of custom pipes, but never got them made. It would be ideal to have full coverage heatshields for the headers, and to eliminate the flange where the collector fastens to the merger. Ideally, they would be 1-3/4" headers into the merger. Also, you'd do well to offer chrome and ceramic coated black pipes for the Warrior. There are alot of midnight riders.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

BTW, I have had Samson Street Sweepers (very loud), V&H Propipe, and the Yamaha Speedstar 2-1-2 Pipe on my bike. So far the Speedstar pipe has the best performance and clearance, but is lacking in the looks department.

Speedstar 2-1-2

V&H Propipe

Samson Street Sweepers

Old 06-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Congrats on your new ride, and welcome to the forum. Enjoy both of them.

I think many Warrior owners bought their machine because they were looking for a great all-around motorcycle that incorporates unique styling with bold yet clean lines, great looks, great handling, great performance, all wrapped up in a reasonably priced and relatively low maintenance package. The Warrior is really not the absolute best at any of those criteria, but it so nicely wraps them all up into something that stands apart from nearly everything else out there.

I think those are the things that should be considered when the creative and mechanical minds start designing something new.

I really like my Rinehart Racing 2-2 shorties, with one exception... they drag/scrape way too soon on the right-handers, with the bike set up at stock height (many have lowered their rear end).

I also think that Warrior owners are willing to pay a little extra for a quality-built product that causes their machine to stand out and causes the rider to feel extra bad ass when riding. Good customer service is also a requirement, which I think everyone appreciates.

Have fun designing a system for your new Warrior.
papawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks so much for the feedback and welcome as well. I really love this bike, just discovering what it can do. I can't thank you guys enough for your help and please keep the feedback coming. We will begin development next week and I will keep you posted every step of the way.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

For me, a performance 2 into 1 that is high on the bike, or a 2 into 2 that is high and is similar to the old Harley KR. Another thought to consider is that many of us are running the Dynojet PC-V with Auto tune, (What, you don't have one yet??) and an exhaust should incorporate the bungs for the sensors.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the bike that makes Harley riders scratch their heads.
repsol61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Have you considered making a pair that have 'equal length' primary pipes? I cannot find any exhaust that keeps to this rule. I am sure mostly because asthetics won out over function.

If you are interested, I have designed a pair that has 29 inch lengths for both primary pipes....take a look....

https://rswarrior.com/forums/p/128480/1018982.aspx#1018982

I have more detailed drawings, if interested, PM me and I can get more info (if you don't think they are too ugly)

Note::::I did angle the down tubes a bit since then (all design, nothing physical made yet)

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proper way to check oil level
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Vendors > Borla Exhaust