The Winter 2014 Essence-of-Brotherhood Prize (Winner!) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default The Winter 2014 Essence-of-Brotherhood Prize (Winner!)

Its unbelievable how this year has zipped past us like a wide-open Warrior, and that means a bunch of us bikers got to talking again. Yep I know what you're thinking but as usual something good came out so its cool

We were thinking about how again this year there's been a lot of members who have jumped-in to help those posting bike troubles, and many jump-in to help diagnose meaning they are 'there to help' even before the nature of the problem is discovered. That takes time and dedication and maybe even a bit of 'been there' compassion and it seems to happen here every day.

This place is like no other. And members like you make this a great place to invest time and meet brother and sister bikers worldwide who also help each other succeed, and who also love to ride and get all the smiles-per-gallon their Warrior can dish-out. Plus we protect each other from the wandering jerks who might think we're easy marks because we send needed parts between us for cheap or free. We know that being nice is not a sign of weakness or blindness so those jerks are most often recognized and disappear even before we have time to ask the forum to show them the door.

Its been said before and will be said again: its good sometimes to recognize the good things and say thanks, and while we wish our budget were bigger we've cobbled together an award for one lucky member here.

This time we're giving-away one very nice set of riding gloves. How nice? Ohh, how about up to $200.00 USD nice, delivered, and YOU get to pick 'em! And the only requirement to enter is (A) post-up here to say you are 'in' and (B) say what gloves you want . . . but relax you can change your mind anytime!

Just so its out there, this isn't a forum thing its just a bunch of guys wanting to say THANK YOU to everyone just for being you. We figure this thread will run until ~midnight (USA Pacific Time) on December 29th and the winner will be posted as early as the night of December 30th but no later than midnight on December 31st. Then with luck the winner will post a pic here of their new gloves when they get 'em!

Let the fun begin!

Your Hosts:
Tomba, Shadow Warrior, Scawein, Parkinglot, Heff, HarryMarsch, Flyingdutchman, CaliforniaCruiser, ArizonaWarrior are not eligible, oh well!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 12-31-2014 at 08:59 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

the 'In' Crowd: (as of 30 Dec 2014)

60ftgap
Abd9810
Arno
BillyMinder
Boricuawarrior
CCCP
Daboy_57110
Dunecraz
Fdesa
Firebird1970
Gchalifo
Gilly
Harri20
Luv2LafMcc
Ntrsandmann
Rij1
Robert S
ShamelessMT
Snowboy1234
Stellmon
Stsmike
Tlrfan
TribalMR2
Wardrums
WickedWild
Wizzy
Zalama
Zrat

EVERYONE:
Please remember to post-up what gloves you think you want, and
you can change your mind anytime plus we will ask the winner what
gloves they want (and size) before we get 'em coming. The idea is
to create a conversation that could help everyone into the future!

WINNER: 60ftgap!!
Please send me a PM with what gloves you want, what size, and where to get them for you for quick delivery!

Congratulations Steven!!!!

Guys, 60ftgap is getting black Alpinestars Polar Gore-Tex Gloves
in size Large . . . I'll get them ordered sometime tomorrow.
I have the ship-to address and everything is ready to rock!
These are some real nice gloves . . . have you guys seen 'em?

Also, Steven has asked that the balance go to The Salvation Army.
Once all's done we will make that happen in Steven's name right-on!

Thanks to all the hosts for this event, and thanks to everyone who entered,
and thanks to every participating member here because you are what this is
all about and its a privilege to be here among all you crazy bikers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gloves.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	89290   Click image for larger version

Name:	46285_1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	92090   Click image for larger version

Name:	46285_2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	92098  

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 01-01-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't need a pair of gloves,but what I want to say is that this forum is [email protected] AWESOME.................
Everyone here is always willing to help out anyone in need......I've also had the pleasure to meet some cool dude's who luv to ride....And been fortunate to go on some cool rides with them.....So THANKS to everyone for making this 4m what it is....And thanks to those of you who are making this happen.............
Happy holidays to everyone n your family's..................
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm in
Xxl ?
wardrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Not in, BUT.....Thanks again to ALL involved!!!

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'd like to be in for this drawing. I could use some winter gloves, but I've never even perused $200 gloves to know which I'd like. If I were to win, I'm betting I could find a suitable pair though. Thanks again to everyone who's contributed to this 3rd drawing of the season. It's unbelievable how great you all are.

Edit: After doing some shopping I think I've found the glove I wanna win. The Rukka Cosmo in size 11: Rukka Cosmo GORE-TEX Gloves - RevZilla
it doesn't get cold enough here to require heated gloves, but I could really use the waterproofing and a little insulation. These look phenomenal too.

Last edited by ShamelessMT; 12-23-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added glove type
ShamelessMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

NOT IN !! the amazing reason for the season in full swing. giving, caring , and believing, another amazing favor from the Lord above and the finest members of any forum on the net anywhere, God bless you and your loved ones through this Christmas and New Year season,
ill get in this and if i am the winner split the 200.00 and give 2 guys the prize of 100.00 each ,btk572

Last edited by btk572; 12-07-2014 at 03:06 PM.
btk572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk572 View Post
the amazing reason for the season in full swing. giving, caring , and believing, another amazing favor from the Lord above and the finest members of any forum on the net anywhere, God bless you and your loved ones through this Christmas and New Year season,
ill get in this and if i am the winner split the 200.00 and give 2 guys the prize of 100.00 each ,btk572
I'm in
owt for nowt
So BTK if you win we get one glove each Lol

Dave

wizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
I'm in
owt for nowt
So BTK if you win we get one glove each Lol

Dave
wizzy, well i guess if you want to do it like that , if i win ill share the love to 4 of you guys, what more can you ask for ? lol ,btk572
btk572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

We talked about two prizes but the gloves are run-of-the-mill and so a GREAT pair, a really-really-nice pair, is what we decided because we hope to communicate how much we appreciate everyone here and also because few of us have the opportunity to actually own a really really nice set of gloves.

So our hope is that everyone will accept the prize in the spirit in which it is offered and without guilty pressure brought-on by a vendor barging into a give-away financed by non-vendor-members and hijacking the donated funds while downgrading the prize.

We want the winner to have a GREAT set of gloves that they themselves select because what constitutes a great set of gloves will be different from person to person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk572 View Post
the amazing reason for the season in full swing. giving, caring , and believing, another amazing favor from the Lord above and the finest members of any forum on the net anywhere, God bless you and your loved ones through this Christmas and New Year season,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Site Giveaways