Old Gallery Text: Mods and Accessory Lists - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Cool Old Gallery Text: Mods and Accessory Lists

It sure has become difficult and time consuming to provide meaningful help when someone asks for it. And its 100% because we've all lost the Gallery text screens where we typed-in our mods and accessories.

I also miss my 'favorite member quotes' from my Profile page. Truly a loss.

I've been assuming, then hoping, all that record detail still exists, but now it sounds as if it has been lost (deleted or over-written). Candidly, I never considered it would be lost. Without it, this forum might just become the same as the rest: generic.

Moving forward, I doubt there is anything we can do about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

WHAT! All that information with mod, date installed or serviced along with cost won't be coming back .

We could have been notified that a change was coming and a suggestion made that we may want to save/print any information we wanted to keep prior to the **grade. We could have at least typed it all back in.

That's a poor choice of things to sacrifice!
whajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

I know some of you guys had nearly a decade of detailed information stored in those galleries. It would be unfortunate if all that work was now gone.
papawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
It sure has become difficult and time consuming to provide meaningful help when someone asks for it. And its 100% because we've all lost the Gallery text screens where we typed-in our mods and accessories.

I've been assuming, then hoping, all that record detail still exists, but now it sounds as if it has been lost (deleted or over-written). Candidly, I never considered it would be lost. Without it, this forum might just become the same as the rest: generic.

Looks like we'll have to start again Mike. I have an idea which may help.
What about an attached pdf below our sig line with all the info on there. ...Just a thought...

Gav.

TO SEE OLD PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES WITH FIREFOX..

TO SEE OLD PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES WITH GOOGLE CHROME..

Caledonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post

• Is this an A&W knee jerk reaction as there is nothing i've seen that states this fact offically .... how about providing your link
  • As whajac stated, "We could have been notified that a change was coming and a suggestion made that we may want to save/print any information we wanted to keep prior to the **grade."
  • As stated below, i've hosted my mods & access off-line for many years but always had a hard copy on my HD in the early days, but like you and others, i've lost all the info that accompanied my gallery photos in the dialog box stored on the forum server.
    • There were several members of the old school that had stored their mods within their galleries and used the dialog box as the OP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledonian Warrior View Post
What about an attached pdf below our sig line with all the info on there. ...Just a thought...

Gav.
After the 1st forum upgrade that affected bulleted formatting in our Personal Gallery that's exactly what i did. Initially i used HTML document and promptly changed to pdf & then doc because it was easier to find a hosting site at that time!

- Starting System
&

&

Last edited by alanh; 02-15-2011 at 02:55 PM.
alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanh View Post
After the 1st forum upgrade that affected bulleted formatting in our Personal Gallery that's exactly what i did. Initially i used HTML document and promptly changed to pdf & then doc because it was easier to find a hosting site at that time!
A great idea Alan, I was just fooling around with this pdf thing, and used my own site for uploading. Links now below my sig....Yours takes a bit of reading with all those links, but I've no doubt, it will be all interesting info. Got my LED's all working now...I'll have to pdf that sometime in the summer..Lol..it's easier doing an article with pics probably...

Gav.

TO SEE OLD PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES WITH FIREFOX..

TO SEE OLD PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES WITH GOOGLE CHROME..

Caledonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

C-W: good idea Mr. Brown. [added: I see the use of an embedded pdf could be useful!]. As you know, I happened to have a mid-2010 txt file of my Gallery Mods and Accessories, so I have updated from that to where it was around Christmas 2010, as far as I can tell lol. BUT with a little advance warning we could have all saved our data and come up with a uniform plan.

In my case, I have to admit that I miss periodically reading some of the high-minded and ultra-intelligent (hehe) "Favorite Quotes" I'd parroted off some of the guys here and pasted into my Profile page. That stuff always made me laugh, even at 3am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledonian Warrior View Post

Gav.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 02-15-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: embedded pdf reply, delete related sentence
arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whajac View Post
WHAT! All that information with mod, date installed or serviced along with cost won't be coming back .

We could have been notified that a change was coming and a suggestion made that we may want to save/print any information we wanted to keep prior to the **grade. We could have at least typed it all back in.

That's a poor choice of things to sacrifice!
=======================================
EXACTLY!
This is seriously NOT good!
I've been trying to get this sorted since 1st Jan!
So far no good.

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for"
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv View Post
=======================================
EXACTLY!
This is seriously NOT good!
I've been trying to get this sorted since 1st Jan!
So far no good.
Has a decision been made on this ? I sure would like to get my info back !! And yes , it is an integral factor in the value and useability of this forum ! I'm hoping we'll see some positive results ... If Admin would like an explanation of the importance , I would be happy to talk with them regarding this ....
Call me !! Sincerely, Bruce
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have been trying to get Helena's attention on this matter. Hopefully she will answer soon. As far as I know, no one from Vertical Scope has ever replied to this request either way, in this topic or the previous one.

Sorry for no advance notice but not even any of us moderators knew of the change over before it happened and we lost our gallery text too. Sean was under a non-disclosure agreement and was unable to give a heads up to anyone and the new owners probably had no idea modification descriptions existed to begin with. Hopefully this is something that can be migrated over still.

sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > RSWarriors Site Issue Forum