Navigation - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2019, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Navigation

Why is it when I click on a link and it opens, I can’t navigate back back to the page I was on but have to go back thru the main index and find where I was ?
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

The website works differently for me on my phone (Android) vs my computer (Chrome).

I'm currently working on a project that requires a website be designed. I never thought about it prior to this, but I've found several issues whereby the website acts differently on different browsers (IE11, Chrome, Firefox). As it's for med device I have to validate that the darn thing works on all.

Another thought, and I mean no disrespect but I have no idea how tech savy you are... the way you are describing it, are you sure it isn't opening a new window or tab when you press a link?

My biggest grievance is often times when I do a search on google (I find it easier than searching within the 4m) I might search for "rswarrior right side cover dimensions"... Google will show a link with a brief snipit of the thread, but when I click on the link it takes me to the rswarrior home page. This usually happens on threads that are pre-2010'ish. I assume there was a revision to the website at some point and links to older posts are now corrupt or changed or something.

Sorry for rambling and failing to address your issue directly, maybe it will help.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtieGirtie View Post
The website works differently for me on my phone (Android) vs my computer (Chrome).

I'm currently working on a project that requires a website be designed. I never thought about it prior to this, but I've found several issues whereby the website acts differently on different browsers (IE11, Chrome, Firefox). As it's for med device I have to validate that the darn thing works on all.

Another thought, and I mean no disrespect but I have no idea how tech savy you are... the way you are describing it, are you sure it isn't opening a new window or tab when you press a link?

My biggest grievance is often times when I do a search on google (I find it easier than searching within the 4m) I might search for "rswarrior right side cover dimensions"... Google will show a link with a brief snipit of the thread, but when I click on the link it takes me to the rswarrior home page. This usually happens on threads that are pre-2010'ish. I assume there was a revision to the website at some point and links to older posts are now corrupt or changed or something.

Sorry for rambling and failing to address your issue directly, maybe it will help.
regarding your med device, i work for a med device company. I would think you just need to specify in any of your publications or on the site itself, that the site is intended to run on "X" browser. Use of any other browser my impact usability.
Disclaimers suck and for most of us who are wrenchers and want to be engineers, we just want to find a way to "make it work."

I also dislike that on my phone (android) there's no option to go to home page, so i can't see the active threads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd9810 View Post
Why is it when I click on a link and it opens, I can’t navigate back back to the page I was on but have to go back thru the main index and find where I was ?
Are you using your phone or a computer?

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Are you using your phone or a computer?

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is on my IPhone 7 using SafariI, know I’m in the minority I mean after all it is an iPhone who uses those I should probably just drop my laptop to my bike. Website developer, should actually be forced to use the website as they develop Instead of making excuses for why it doesn’t work for you.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtieGirtie View Post

regarding your med device, i work for a med device company. I would think you just need to specify in any of your publications or on the site itself, that the site is intended to run on "X" browser. Use of any other browser my impact usability.
Disclaimers suck and for most of us who are wrenchers and want to be engineers, we just want to find a way to "make it work."

I also dislike that on my phone (android) there's no option to go to home page, so i can't see the active threads.

Wouldn't you tapping on "forums index" take you back home, it does for me on my Android phone. Top left corner....
RobbSkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

“Another thought, and I mean no disrespect but I have no idea how tech savy you are... the way you are describing it, are you sure it isn't opening a new window or tab when you press a link?”

As soon as I press on a link or navigate away I lose my place on the OP, when I close or come back to the page I left, I end up back at the forums index page not the page or the place I was originally. So now I must remember where I was and find that place which is not always easy. Sometimes where I started is not the original post but a link OR it’s Ivan’s ECU flash that has multiple pages of post and I’m somewhere lost in there
Old 03-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Walk us through your process step by step.

You open an area, then a thread, read the thread, hit back and it takes you straight to the forums page?

Have you cleared cache and cookies lately?

-- JB
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Walk us through your process step by step.

You open an area, then a thread, read the thread, hit back and it takes you straight to the forums page?

Have you cleared cache and cookies lately?

-- JB
Yes. Cleared regularly.
So here’s an example
I have a current post here for Driving Lights, somebody suggested I try a pair from Amazon and they posted a link, I pressed the link and went straight to the listing on Amazon.com. My iPhone saves a bookmark in the corner for the page I just left, I click on that and it takes me back to Rswarrior.com but not where I left , it takes me to the main menu/index page. If I use my back button or close the current window makes no difference I’m always back at the menu page
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > RSWarriors Site Issue Forum