Top 10 Best Motorcycling Touring Roads - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Top 10 Best Motorcycling Touring Roads

'I've been everywhere, man; I've been everywhere, man; across the deserts bare, man; I've breathed the mountain air, man; of travel I've had my share, man; I've been everywhere.' óJohnny Cash

Even for Johnny Cash, it would be a mighty feat to ride America's 3.9 million miles of highways, byways, avenues and alleys to get, as the song says, "everywhere." Although sometimes it may feel like we've traveled every road worth a ride, the biker DNA bubbling in our blood tells us there is, somewhere, the spectacular road not taken.

Not that we haven't tried to ride everywhere. Aside from a few heated water-cooler debates, varying levels of certifiable psychosis, polite differences of opinion and immeasurable variables of riding style, the staff at Motorcycle.com carefully considered its 300 or so years of collective biking experience and named these the Top 10 touring roads in the U.S., although no peaceable agreement could be made as to order, except for the fistfight averting alphabetical.

Print this, stuff it in your leather shirt, get off the couch and on your bike, and find some adventure.

More: Top 10 Best Motorcycling Touring Roads on Motorcycle.com
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, very nice. Have ridden most of Hwy 1 in CA, and would nominate Hwy 88 (also in CA) from Stockton to Markleeville, over Carson Pass at 8,500 feet. Beautiful.
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Planning on scouring as much of Hwy 1 from San Francisco north this holiday weekend. Wife and I will mount the FJR and head off.

I won't be doing the acid thing that Hunter talked about, but I will be smashing a bit of it.

Great list and worth keeping handy....
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

My brother and I rode The Kancamagus Highway. Very nice ride through there on our way back to ohio.
Kentstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Am I supposed to have a leather shirt? Cuz I don't. Maybe that part was intended for a different forum?
papawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scawein View Post
Planning on scouring as much of Hwy 1 from San Francisco north this holiday weekend. Wife and I will mount the FJR and head off.

I won't be doing the acid thing that Hunter talked about, but I will be smashing a bit of it.

Great list and worth keeping handy....
On your way north, if you feel like an inland detour, stop by here:
Wild Flour Bread Bakery - Wood Fired Brick Oven Baked Bread - Wildflour Freestone

BEST bread you have ever eaten in your life, and the place is a total trip.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacruiser View Post
On your way north, if you feel like an inland detour, stop by here:
Wild Flour Bread Bakery - Wood Fired Brick Oven Baked Bread - Wildflour Freestone

BEST bread you have ever eaten in your life, and the place is a total trip.
I will have to find that while we are out....thanks for the tip.
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Great post with the links. Now I'm wanting to get out and go. But my bike is at home and I am at work about 4 hours away.
jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scawein View Post
I will have to find that while we are out....thanks for the tip.
You won't regret it. Just take 1 north out of Stinson Beach past Tomales Bay, and when you come to a fok that says 1 north to the left, go right on Freestone Valley Ford Road to Freestone. Bakery is on the left. From there you can continue up north to Monte Rio on the Russian River, and then take 116 back out to coast (which follows the river) through Duncan Mills and Jenner, two very cool small towns. Superb roads all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News