Wanna Manage a Topic? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Exclamation Wanna Manage a Topic? (Results)

See:

1. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/26-c...ings-here.html (CaledonianWarrior selected!) (transferred Dec 24th 2011 for 2012+)

2. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/12-g...02-2010-a.html (Scawein selected!) (transfered Oct 22nd 2011)

3. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...ledgebase.html (Tomba selected!) (transfered December 23rd 2011)

4. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/12-g...ple-bikes.html (Somedude451 selected!) (transfered October 23rd 2011)

5. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...odel-year.html (topic is complete)

6. Road Star Warrior Documents (RobRiguez selected!) (transferred October 2011)

7. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/32-m...s-archive.html (1256day selected!) (transferred November 11th 2011)

8. https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...al-detail.html (topic is available)

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am on here so much. I will manage a topic if need be just tell what you want. I not the most techinical person though.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'll help out and manage a Topic. I'll give Model years a try.

G

Last edited by 1256day; 10-03-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added Model years
1256day is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2011, 02:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Cool guys. Would you both maybe want to take October to watch the two topics and read all the old posts to get caught-up with the process, then pick the one you want? The other guy gets the other topic lol. Then after I update ~November 1st we can transfer things.

The Great Members post is very clean and organized. The hardest part is making sure the member-names are spelled exactly right so the forum recognizes them in a member-search. There's a lot of similar names.

The Model Year Differences post is accurate as far as it goes. But the line items inside each model year could maybe be better organized. Plus I thought about putting the paint colors into each model year. Never seem to get time. The hardest part of managing this topic is checking every model year to verify part numbers. Some parts only fit early models, or late models, as you know. Its not so much being technical as detail-oriented. I always jumped right on additions or changes to this because if they pile-up then it becomes too big a chore and it falls behind. The good part is the suggestions have fallen-off dramatically so maintenance could be nominal. I had actually considered just locking this post, but every once in awhile a question arises and it ends up teaching us something new to add.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

AZ,,,, I'll keep and eye out for differences,,, However,,, my computer skills are limited.

After reading the Different paint codes posting, it kinda spook me.

I sent AZ, scawein, btk tomba and parking lot a PM. Explaining in further detail my concerns and have offered to help in any way.

G
1256day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

It looks like you have your volunteers already, but if someone doesn't feel up to the task I'll take over for one.
somedude451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thanks Somedude.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Effective immediately, Scawein is inheriting and managing the Model Year Differences post. By the end of this month I will turn-over the topic.

I remain interested in turning over the Great Members post to a different established member who has been active for at least a year. I have a couple names. Feel free to volunteer yourself or suggest someone else. (post here, send PM or email).

Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

A manager for the Great Members topic could be confirmed by tomorrow . . . maybe.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

If not, I would do it...
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News