Interested in Being a Thread Manager? - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thanks for all your work keeping it going these last few years Doc. BTW just my opinion but popular mods is better replaced with a fresh idea, imo it would be a nightmare to update. Maybe someone wants to start a new set of links for this stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomba View Post
yes i'm interested in running one important [to me at least] thread ... i'll have a think on it

meanwhile it's time to hand over the reins of the pop mods thread ...discussed it with arizona warrior...after all it was all his work ...it needs new energy

anyone interested in keeping it safe please let Az know ...he will referee this one i'm hoping

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I should mention that rcoligan has the DIY Mods thread: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...-mod-list.html and has kept-it-up. I keep a link to it in my signature pic area.

Robert, that thread could be copied-pasted into a fresh thread that you start, or I can edit Wyoming's original post to refer you as the Manager, or just leave it as-is . . . what ever you want.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

I am on and off all the time, I could help out if needed.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMFB View Post
I was wishing all the threads related to turbo charging the Warrior were in one place when I did mine. I literally read every thread on the forum I could find related to it and some of the issues others had when doing theirs. Some of the pages I read multiple times. I realize it's much different if you drop the cash and just buy a kit. But, what I learned doing mine was priceless to me. That would be a great thread!
M
That would be an excellent thread. I would not mind adding some insights / tips & tricks I've picked up for the welding and fabricating side of things, if you felt that kind of thing belonged in your thread too. "Fabrication" threads will only become more valuable over time as aftermarket parts continue to slowly dry up, unfortunately.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

[QUOTE=tomba;3407346]yes i'm interested in running one important [to me at least] thread ... i'll have a think on it

meanwhile it's time to hand over the reins of the pop mods thread ...discussed it with arizona warrior...after all it was all his work ...it needs new energy

anyone interested in keeping it safe please let Az know ...he will referee this one i'm hoping

Well Tomba I'm thinking of retiring from the EOBA so because you have been a good helper on the committee you might want to put your hand up.

Heff

heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Heff you up to managing the T&A threads !!!!!! (just kidding of course!)

Old 04-04-2016, 02:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Heff you up to managing the T&A threads !!!!!! (just kidding of course!)
Too busy getting sleep at the moment between work and getting the Warrior back on the road. Then the euro trip is coming fast.

Heff

heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellmon View Post
That would be an excellent thread. I would not mind adding some insights / tips & tricks I've picked up for the welding and fabricating side of things, if you felt that kind of thing belonged in your thread too. "Fabrication" threads will only become more valuable over time as aftermarket parts continue to slowly dry up, unfortunately.
That would be really good as well. I was fortunate to have a friend who would loan me his welder and another friend who welds for Rolls Royce. The latter of the two did all my final welds and cussed me during it all. It would have been nice to know what proper tools to use for what. For instance, cutting the bends. I used a hand held rechargeable band saw. Not the best but better than a cutting disk.
MMFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by heff View Post
Too busy getting sleep at the moment between work and getting the Warrior back on the road. Then the euro trip is coming fast.

Heff

oh yes the euro trip is coming up fast ...yippee

could you bring the owner of that avatar pic with you ...

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
tomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

I've got a good start to the turbo thread. I don't have all of my build notes in it but as I go along I'll try to migrate the information over. How should I post/start it?
MMFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News