Rule #57: Do Not Ride Behind Morons - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sponsored Editorial Content

Default Rule #57: Do Not Ride Behind Morons

Quote:
You know better than to ride around trucks any longer than absolutely necessary, but a far more insidious danger is the unprofessional vacationista whose load-securing skills are often primitive. Whenever you see somebody towing a boat, a trailer, or especially a boat or a trailer with a bunch of other junk strapped onto or around it, expect this to happen and ride accordingly, i.e., nowhere around it. Especially not behind it. That goes double for the bane of Southern California motorists, the gardening truck, which is often a rolling obstacle course of weedwackers, rakes, and aluminum ladders yearning to break free. If you see someone holding a mattress to his roof with one hand out the window, know you’ll be the one most likely to take a nap if you’re silly enough to ride behind him

This rider got back up; we wish him a speedy recovery.
Read more about Rule #57: Do Not Ride Behind Morons at Motorcycle.com.
Motorcycle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

well that sure is true..

I once got assaulted by a tennisball and a tarp from one of those morons.. good thing i stayed far enough back to dodge both
PeterSik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I got my only speeding ticket on the bike getting away from one of those morons!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

From the vid it almost seems like it a fixation issue, the rider seemed to follow it to the right and hit it dead-center when there seemed room and time to go left a bit to get around. 20-20 hindsight I know. But it seemed like he had a fighting chance. But the boat-hauling moron ahead of him carries all the blame and should be hacked into the stone age.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

I thought the same thing.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Learning the Warrior...

I had 650-700cc bikes before the 1670cc Warrior... Lighter, braked slower, never locked up the wheels, felt more nimble with the lighter lower powered bikes.
The RS-W brakes are good, almost really too good. So good in a hard brake the rear tire can't hold the ground on the chicken strip.
I have learned that 80% of the centrifugal force keeping the RS-W upright comes from the rear wheel and when it stops moving the bike just tips over.
I have a fear of doing the quick lane change because there is always a Full Sized Pick-up coming up fast it seems.
I have to ride far back from the car in front because the Warrior is so powerful and the brakes can lock up easy in a scary sitrep.
So... that picture above... that is something I just want to get away from as fast as possible.
So much garbage they can't see who is behind them, they forget to use brake and turn signals, and the possibility of getting hit by a board/cooler/toy/mattress/etc.
To do a dangerous thing with style is what I call art
1984 Honda 80 Scooter
1973 Honda CB500
1986 Yamaha Radian 600
1985 Yamaha Maxim X 700
2001 Kawasaki W650
2008 Yamaha 1700 Warrior

exexpat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

It Never Ceases To Amaze Me How UnCommon, Common Sense Really Is. Some People Either Really, 1/Are That Stupid Or 2/Really Don't Give a [email protected]#K
1 Shouldn't Be On The Road In The First Place
2 Shouldn't Be On The Road & a Public Stoning On Sunday!
Hope This Video Footage Was Supplied To The Local Authorities & The Driver Of That Vehicle Dealt With Accordingly.
Just My 2c

Ride on - Bon Scott ( AC/DC )
10FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News