Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? - Page 4 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #31 (permalink)

I like to hear my bike. I would say that I'm a loud pipe guy. it makes the bike feel more powerful and more fun to me. I like a loud idle. that being said "loud" really is a relative term. ive been beside bikes in traffic that were so loud I felt like walking over and punching the guy in the face. there is a big difference between loud and ear damaging. my hard chrome pipes are loudish but not nearly as loud as I would like.
evilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

04' Warrior with VH Propipe. I blew the baffle out one day during a ride. Maybe 4 years ago? Never replaced it or even thought to for a second. It is grumbly and the tone matchs the bikes character 100% If I could quite it down and keep that tone I would consider. I love/hate setting off car alarms though. Surprisingly my cousins Harley 883 idles louder than my warrior but that's about the only time. I love starting it with the throttle cracked just a little.-Especially with a good looking girl behind it. They always jump when it belches to life.

The only issue I have, I need help with it currently from an older gentleman. He has an attached garage-I'm not so sure he or his wife are going to appreciate it...I looked into buying a baffle a few days ago-but...nah

It is definitely obnoxiously loud. But I've never heard someone say it doesn't sound good
Harpkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #33 (permalink)

Gotta say loud to very loud is my usual set up, but I recently changed jobs to and have to take call in an OR/Trauma environment, and have to be able to take a call driving home in case I am called back. I put on my quieter 2-1 Roadhouse, which has a very deep sound, and can hear the call now! Mostly wind noise is the problem, but I love the loud, un-baffled Sampsons best. Nothing like loud pipes, and as long as you are not an A**hole, the neighbors are OK, no complaints rolling out at 5AM! I may put them back on soon...
rumblemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #34 (permalink)

I like stock. Not a troll. Not 105 years old. I just don't really like loud. I worry about my hearing. And I think the stock pipe, say what you want about the love it hate it appearance, but I think it sounds excellent in all truth on this bike.

My bike was bought with bigshots on it and I didn't really even want to ride it that way. I was worried my condo neighbors were going to call the cops. All sort of baffles really did very little for me. I went back to stock on purpose.

I hope people still like me. Hey wait...I do run on the dark side. Maybe that will up my cool... 😎. LOL

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Klrbill; 08-22-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Klrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #35 (permalink)

I like loud pipes. I don't like a**holes who have loud pipes. Especially if I'm conducting a motor vehicle stop and someone whacks the throttle open right as they're beside me as I'm speaking to a motorist. That's a sure fire way to get a "fix-it" ticket, you gotta pay the fine, report to DMV within 20 days with your stock or quiet pipe (if you still even got it) and get a pass or you get your registration suspended........get pulled driving with a suspended reg, you get arrested......

That being said.......my SuperDuke pipes are what my wife describes as "obnoxious". The warrior wears V&H bigshots w/baffles. All of my other bikes except one have stock pipes.
Fasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

I agree with alot of people on here that there is a point of obnoxious. I run these v&h and they sound good. I leave out early mornings and i dont rev. Some people can be a$$holes and be extra loud and rev the **** out of it and i wonder what are you proving other than you are a d!ck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170805_123210_1503678889808.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	185361  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FatNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #37 (permalink)

Well I like loud-ish pipes. I love the sound of my warrior with Cobra Speedstar pipes and my Kawasaki with her Muzzy 4-1 with cf can, but I can't stand the racket created by Harleys with unbaffled pipes, or Japanese 4s with open pipes or gutted cans
bobh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobh77 View Post
Well I like loud-ish pipes. I love the sound of my warrior with Cobra Speedstar
Cobra Speedstar pipes? Do you mean a Cobra slip on with stock headers? I had that set up for awhile and it sounded cool.

Last edited by joeyalessi; 09-02-2017 at 02:19 PM.
joeyalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #39 (permalink)

I don't like them crazy loud - but recently, when filtering through miles of heavy traffic with the water heater on the bike, I felt really nervous. Looking forward to getting the big shots fitted. Loud is good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for"
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatNinja View Post
I agree with alot of people on here that there is a point of obnoxious. I run these v&h and they sound good. I leave out early mornings and i dont rev. Some people can be a$$holes and be extra loud and rev the **** out of it and i wonder what are you proving other than you are a d!ck.
I agree, there is no real evidence that loud pipes save lives, in fact maybe a few people have even lost their life for loud pipes, lol (at least made a lot of enemies) That being said I don't like stock pipes either. I like it when the rumble in my garage shakes the dishes in my kitchen cabinets, to me the deeper, the mellower, the better! I went through 3 or 4 pipes on my Warrior before I settled on a bas-tart Hardchrome set, just a tad bit louder and deeper than the V&H's. They were also the same length with quiet baffles after cutting them, thus the staggered appearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160612_165251.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	187305  

Rick Quest

Last edited by rquest; 09-16-2017 at 02:31 PM.
rquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News