Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/)
-   Forum News (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/86-forum-news/)
-   -   Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/86-forum-news/289505-poll-how-do-you-feel-about-loud-pipes.html)

Motorcycle.com 07-13-2017 03:38 PM

Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

Quote:

'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of people – particularly the non-riding public – loud exhausts prove to be obnoxious. Which camp do you find yourself in?
Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.

TheTeZ 07-13-2017 05:48 PM

for me, i think their reaches a point of obnoxious, and whats the point? The warrior with some big shots no baffles, are too obnoxious for me, i dont need to prove the size of anything, However, with quiet baffles in it, it quiets it down JUST enough to put it below the obnoxious threshold. so.... my thought is; loud is fine, but it doesnt need to be obnoxiously loud.

ShamelessMT 07-13-2017 07:33 PM

Yeah, my V&H ProPipe with the competition baffle is pretty close to being obnoxiously loud, but man does it go! I'd hate to neuter the bike for a quieter pipe.

joeyalessi 07-13-2017 08:05 PM

Love it! The louder the better! Not for any loud pipes saved lives BS, just cuz I love it loud! Concerts, bikes, girls screaming my name.....LOUD!!!

rquest 07-13-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTeZ (Post 3680993)
for me, i think their reaches a point of obnoxious, and whats the point? The warrior with some big shots no baffles, are too obnoxious for me, i dont need to prove the size of anything, However, with quiet baffles in it, it quiets it down JUST enough to put it below the obnoxious threshold. so.... my thought is; loud is fine, but it doesnt need to be obnoxiously loud.

Agree...

harri20 07-13-2017 08:18 PM

LOUD!!!! I love shaking my entire garage when I turn the bike on!

Desertboy13 07-13-2017 08:23 PM

I was with the quite version until my stock propipe broke n took it off and rode with ,and than finally got a baffle put on the propipe,and hated it... Came back from s Show n now the baffle is on a shelf in my garage......

So yeah loud

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

1150raven 07-13-2017 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Louder the better

Stretch 07-13-2017 09:37 PM

Once this dude had some hack job pipes on his chopper and it made this horrible loud high pitch ting that completely overpowered all the big rumble underneath. It actually hurt my ears at 30 feet. This made everyone in earshot basically hate him and his otherwise cool ride. If my pipes cause you pain be a friend and let me know.

Shadow Warrior 07-14-2017 12:52 AM

I like my bike loud. I coast in late at night to keep the peace. I have been same place now 22years and no neighbor complaints