Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2017, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sponsored Editorial Content

Default Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

Quote:
'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of people – particularly the non-riding public – loud exhausts prove to be obnoxious. Which camp do you find yourself in?
Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.
Motorcycle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

for me, i think their reaches a point of obnoxious, and whats the point? The warrior with some big shots no baffles, are too obnoxious for me, i dont need to prove the size of anything, However, with quiet baffles in it, it quiets it down JUST enough to put it below the obnoxious threshold. so.... my thought is; loud is fine, but it doesnt need to be obnoxiously loud.
TheTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, my V&H ProPipe with the competition baffle is pretty close to being obnoxiously loud, but man does it go! I'd hate to neuter the bike for a quieter pipe.
ShamelessMT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Love it! The louder the better! Not for any loud pipes saved lives BS, just cuz I love it loud! Concerts, bikes, girls screaming my name.....LOUD!!!
joeyalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeZ View Post
for me, i think their reaches a point of obnoxious, and whats the point? The warrior with some big shots no baffles, are too obnoxious for me, i dont need to prove the size of anything, However, with quiet baffles in it, it quiets it down JUST enough to put it below the obnoxious threshold. so.... my thought is; loud is fine, but it doesnt need to be obnoxiously loud.
Agree...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rick Quest
rquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

LOUD!!!! I love shaking my entire garage when I turn the bike on!
harri20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

I was with the quite version until my stock propipe broke n took it off and rode with ,and than finally got a baffle put on the propipe,and hated it... Came back from s Show n now the baffle is on a shelf in my garage......

So yeah loud

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Louder the better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	513.6 KB
ID:	181921  
1150raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Once this dude had some hack job pipes on his chopper and it made this horrible loud high pitch ting that completely overpowered all the big rumble underneath. It actually hurt my ears at 30 feet. This made everyone in earshot basically hate him and his otherwise cool ride. If my pipes cause you pain be a friend and let me know.
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

I like my bike loud. I coast in late at night to keep the peace. I have been same place now 22years and no neighbor complaints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News