NEW: 2019 Member of the Year - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thumbs up NEW: 2019 Member of the Year

Hey everyone,

Something happens to us bikers when we start talking over the tavern table. This has stuck with me. It became a benchmark in the hundreds of posts I scan/read each and every week. We as a group, well, we crack me up and make me laugh and make me smile.

I'm frakking PROUD to see so many brothers and sisters reaching-out to help other members in the early stages waaay before the trouble has begun to be identified.

I am posting for two reasons.

Because I want to offer a call-to-arms for the end-of-year EOBA Committee, please send me a PM if you have time to 100% commit, figure two hours a week from 12/1 to 12/20-ish but late-in-the-game it needs a few minutes every day. Adding 12/8/2019: there are no volunteers this year so there is no EOBA Committee. Next opportunity will be Summer 2020 although there is still no Manager named for the events.

Reason Two:
Its another decade behind us. Astounding. I want to issue another call-to-arms for selecting by member vote the 2019 Member of the Year. We have never done this before. Its about time we did. The world has changed and like 2017 and 2018, but to a greater accelerating level, 2019 has seen a beautiful melding of brilliant members with smart new members who graduated from facebook level into a technical level and that deserves celebration. Its frakking awesome in every language in the planet.

I appreciate you all helping me spend my $100 by voting for the one member you believe is the most representative of our Essence of Brotherhood in 2019.

That person might already be EOBA. If not, then this will result in EOBA being awarded, and its in addition to the normal awards. I will paypal the winner $100 usd and its global forget about map borders, paypal fees on me. We are global and who gives a **** about borders or rear view mirrors! I can say WHAT or WOT and we grin either way!

Please participate and pass the word. When you vote for a member, it can be anyone. Period. No need to explain. Your vote is your vote. If you vote twice I will only acknowledge your first post so take your time and vote your mind. Or if you change your mind then EDIT YOUR FIRST POST. Its a global forum. Please help me out!

I intend to announce the winner during the 2019 TOAST so who-ever is managing that thread this year please connect with me okay. Adding 12/8/2019: turns out nobody was starting the Toast thread so I started a thread, am hoping others will on-the-fly still help manage. Thanks.

If there are only a few votes then my job is easy. I hope you, my frakking fellow bikers, will vote your educated consciences and make my job harder!! Pass the word.

Adding 12/8/2019: as always, if the voted winner declines the prize/award then we will all accept it as Brothers and Sisters because we all understand no reason needs to be given. In that rare event the cash and EOBA award will go to the next in line.

Be safe this winter. Oh. And Vote.

Griz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 12-09-2019 at 04:03 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Reserved.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Getting goosebumps. So much pressure.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member of the Year. Wow. This is a hard choice, as there have been so many that have offered advice, posted how to video and pics. For me, the person who has been the most help by posting videos, answering any question that anyone has asked both here and on FB, and is just an all around good dude is Bryan Mcmeekin. He gets my vote.

Bryan Mcmeekin
i-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is easy. Very good and helpfull videos.
My vote go to Bryan Mcmeekin
KeviKoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is an awesome post. I lurk on here a lot more than I post. I usually try to watch for problems that people are having to see about trying to make videos to help out. This is a very hard decision to make because I think that most everyone on this site embodies the sense of brotherhood that this whole award stands for. I constantly see guys like, Jay Kruse, Rudy, churchkey, and so many others constantly posting and helping out.

However, this is all about who YOU think has been there and helped out. I totally appreciate my name having been thrown in the hat, but don't even think of myself on the same level as some of these guys. All this said, thank you to those who have said my name, but my vote goes to alanh. He is constantly on here posting and answering questions and helping people out. To me, that's what it's all about.
Bryanmcmeekin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

My vote goes to Alanh. He always gives documentation with his help, links, and any info you need to R&R your problem and this goes back many years that he has been a member. He is the overall forum Guru as far as i am concerned.

Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

rij1

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

I started engaging with the forum last spring when I had a bunch of work needed on my Warrior and so many folks chimed in with great feedback and information all of which i'm very grateful for but if I needed to select one person that embodied the EOBA it would be Alanh.
Zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
sdw

I must choose KyleNV he is the last of the approved vendors i know of on the site and he is building me a 250 kit
sdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News