OIL PUMP Recall???What is that? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default OIL PUMP Recall???What is that?

I just received approval from Yamaha to have the CPS Crank Postion Sensor recall done...But in the answer from Yamaha they also say that my bike (2006 Yamaha Warrior Midnight edition) has another recall that is outstanding and needs to be done namely the OIL PUMP recall.....
So what is the oil pump recall? I searched for it and cannot find anything about an OIL PUMP recall.

Japan have confirmed that we can do the crankshaft position sensor recall on this bike.

There is no camshaft position sensor recall applicable to this bike.

There is also an oil pump recall that needs to be done on this bike.

Pls take the bike to your nearest Yamaha dealer and advise them to contact me on this email address ([email protected]) and I will advise accordingly.

Cost of Both the recalls will be covered by Japan.
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I heard about the problem of a failure of the oil pump drive and even met one review of this failure in our country, but only in relation to the series Roadstar.

With regard to the Warrior, I have not heard anything about such a problem.
freeezzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Me neither have not heard of an oil pump recall for the Warrior what so ever. Also when I bought my second Warrior and checked to see if the recalls were done since there were no markings on the bike, the dealership never mentioned an oil pump recall being done.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

I googled around and can only find mention of a recall on normal Road Stars involving the replacement of the oil pump gear with a stronger oil pump gear. The Road Star Warriors dont seem to have had this issue....the oil pump of a warrior even looks a bit different to a normal road star oil pump
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right so I asked the guy at Yamaha Headoffice who is dealing with the issue what the Oil Pump Recall is all about and this is the answer he gave me:

I can only release the oil pump recall information to a Yamaha dealer.

All I can say is that the oil pump / related gaskets will be replaced. Thanks.

DHARAM MAHARAJ​
Technical Advisor
Yamaha Distributors – SA – Tuning Fork (PTY) LTD
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑ ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑ ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
Tel:
+27 11 259 7600
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑ ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑ ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.yamaha.co.za

Last edited by ThingFish; 10-21-2019 at 05:18 PM.
ThingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Seems they made a mistake about the oil pump recall... they got mixed up with the 1600 for which there was apparently such a recall
Old 10-22-2019, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

https://youtu.be/Ln3J68NxsuQ

Funny. At the same time, I am wary of this kind of error representative. What if they are repairing the same way: mess one, broke another... Oops
Old 10-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

So there’s no time limit to get these recalls done ?
Old 10-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Who pays for it depends on the Country. Also we have seen a few cases where a bike was moved to a different country and the recall was not free unless the bike went back to the originating country. Uncertain how it works and why. But it appears Yamaha works hard to find all the bikes and fix them. It's a small world in some ways and a big world in other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd9810 View Post
So there’s no time limit to get these recalls done ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Adding:
These bikes have an engine oil pump and a middle drive oil pump. They are similar in design but from the service manual they are seemingly different too. It's important to retain correct oil quantity (level) in both.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

The principle of operation is the same, I agree. But these pumps have different drives. The oil pump in the middle gear has a shaft drive with teeth. The oil pump in the engine drive s by shaft with spline connection. And exactly it was the roadstar's series problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Total Recall