Shinko Verge 016 Dual Compound - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have PR2's front and rear, 190 in the back. got 8500 on them and the both have at least half tread life still on them.

ETA: No...thinking a little more, I've got 5k on them, not 8500. Still doing pretty good!

Last edited by GaelicVyk; 06-27-2014 at 03:58 PM.
GaelicVyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

It arrived already. Wow, talk about quick shipping! Cool my backup is here, its only a matter of a couple of weeks... I will report on how it feels against the Avon. I really like the Avons, lets see how these shinko's do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4UTNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

I know it took 2 years for this review, and here you go. I just changed it out for another Shinko. Got it shipped from Jake Wilson for 134.88. If you look at the original start of this post, it was almost 2 years to the day.
I got close to 8k on that Shinko and I ride like an azzhole. Believe it or not, I thought it actually handled better than the Avon Ultra's. But of course it was comming off a super worn out Avon with belts beginning to show. I could have have gotten another 500 miles outta this past Shinko, but I didnt want to push my luck. No cords, but a profund flat spot in the middle.

I know many are on the Avon bandwagon, and I did really like my Storms, but the Shinko's are about 50 bucks less and you will not be dissapointed. I NEVER GOT ALMOST 2 YEARS OUT OF ANY REAR TIRE PERIOD. Super good bang for the buck.

BTW, it does handle very well in the wet with no butterflies in the stomach. I rode in a downpour for over an hour 2 weeks ago and was still confortable crusing at 70-75 on the New York Thruway.

Save some $$, give it a shot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

I still have Avons on the Warrior. The Concours is harder on tires than the warrior and because Avon has become so expensive, I now have a shinko on the front. It has a little over 1k on it and looks like new. I will see how it does since I record mileage on all my tires for both bikes. The big Kawasaki handle great on the stinko.
jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks for the review. I'm pretty much on the fence between Shinko and Avon for the next set. I liked the Avon Storm 2's and have no complaints. I had a Shinko 777 on a Magna that REALLY impressed me. It also showed me more money doesn't mean a better tire.

05 Speedstar Stage IV

Brizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

What are you guys using for front tires with a Shinko 016 rear?
Chazulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Im still running the Avon storm ultra for now. As you know Shinko doesn't make the dual compound for the front in our size at this moment 😣

Old 07-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

I Have the Shinko Verge on the front (great tire IMO) and the tread pattern matches the Avon 3D Ultra Rear ... You would not know they were made by different company's
Racerxjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Suspension and Tire Tech